1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Gay for ten years...maybe?

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by Oldat26, May 14, 2013.

1. Oldat26

I'm not sure this posted the first time, so I apologize if this shows up as a double post...I'll delete it if it does.

Hello everyone,

I'm new to empty closets, just signed up.

I don't even know why I'm on here writing; I know that I should "man up" and just accept things the way they are...but I'm so confused, upset, and even despairing that I just feel the need to reach out and ask for some feedback.

I also don't know where to start with my story...so I guess I'll start with where I am now.

I don't know why or how or what, but for the second time in my life, I'm sitting here questioning my sexuality. I'm so angry and bitter that I'm here in this place all over again, but I am. Except this time, it's even worse than the first time...I'm questioning if I am gay anymore; indeed, if I ever really was gay.

I'm 26 years old, and came out of the closet at 16. I'd known I was gay since hitting puberty, maybe even before; men were all I was ever attracted to, all I'd ever fantasized about. I was deeply ashamed of that fact, though. I lived in terror that someone would find out, and I hoped and prayed that god would make me straight, that I would finally be "normal." I was so filled with self-loathing and fear, that I even attempted suicide. I swore I'd never ever tell anyone, but one day I just did. It was the best thing I'd ever done, although I didn't know it at the time. My coming out experience was a very depressing affair; there was even a few times where I questioned if I'd made a mistake, if I'd come out too soon, if I really was gay. There were a few other suicide attempts after the fact, but I overcame that depression and was able to live life as an out (if not necessarily proud) gay man.

Fast forward ten years, to now. I've dated and hooked up with numerous men over the past decade, had a few boyfriends. But it was always my most fervent hope to find the man of my dreams, to find a long-term partner, a man to spend the rest of my life with. I was so sure that I knew what I wanted. I finally met that man last year. He was literally everything I'd ever dreamed of finding in boyfriend, the kind of man I'd hoped for and daydreamed for years, literally. He was a bit older than me (44 to my 26) but I didn't care; older men had always been one of my types. I fell for him completely, head over heals. Although I'd had relationships in the past, he was my first real, significant relationship. I was so sure he was the one that I moved in with him after four months. Almost immediately, though I began to question if it was the right move. I started having doubts; not because of anything he did or said (he wasn't perfect, but nothing that was a deal breaker), but just doubts. I realize now that these kind of doubts are normal in a relationship, especially after the honeymoon phase is over, but I kept feeling them. I refused to acknowledge them, though, and shoved them away. I began seeing a therapist, hoping to gain some insight. After every session I felt better, but then those nagging doubts came back, which I didn't understand:

How could I question my love for my boyfriend? How could I question this relationship? Sure we moved fast, and I threw myself into the relationship, but it and he are everything I've ever wanted, why am I not happy? This caused me a LOT of stress over the last month and a half of the relationship. I began to question everything; if I'd wanted this for so long and suddenly seem to to not want anymore, what else in my life that I'd been so sure of up to this point do I not really want? Is it my boyfriend? Is it this kind of relationship? Is it men overall? I began to question my sexuality, and this has led to a major identity crisis.

I'm just devastated. All this doubt, all this questioning. The crux of the matter at this point is: in questioning my sexuality, I no longer really feel an attraction to men, and have discovered an attraction to women that while not unacknowledged, was never really taken seriously. I remember what I was attracted to in men, I remember my "types", but although my eyes are drawn to them, there is nothing there. There is for women, now, though. Sometimes there's something there for men again, but it's not with the same intensity. The thrill, the rush of attraction, it's all gone. The thing is, I don't want to be straight. I want to be gay; I treasured that part of my identity. I of course didn't define myself completely by it, but with that unraveling, I have no idea what else in my life is true. Like I said in the beginning part of this post, I know I should just see the writing on the wall, and "man up" and accept this because nothing stays the same; accept it and move on, but I just can't. It's SO HARD to let this go, because that ideal, that dream relationship with a boyfriend, was so comforting to me. And even though the relationship didn't last with my previous boyfriend, for a short period of time I was happier than I'd even been in my entire life. I just can't imagine having that same kind of relationship with a woman. But just as the "straight man" suddenly realizing he's actually gay has to accept it, I feel like I need to as well, just from the opposite end.

This isn't the way it was supposed to go. A lot of people I know are saying that it's not necessarily a question of sexuality; sometimes, in a relationship, even though people are perfect on paper, they're just not "it," they're just not meant to be. Some say I've just been traumatized, and that I'm torturing myself over the failure of this relationship, over guilt that I've broken the heart of someone I care so much for but whose love I couldn't return in full...which would make sense, except for the flip flopping in attractions.

I know there are people who are going to say I shouldn't put so much importance on labels, I should in the future look for who the person is rather than what they are, and all that jazz...but that's so easy for someone who is secure in their own sexuality to say. I just wish I were normal...I wish I could just be like the vast majority of people out there, secure in wherever they are on the spectrum of sexuality...I thought I'd had everything figured out. Now I realize I know nothing. Am I gay? Was I ever really gay? I wonder if maybe I'd come out of the closet too early, if maybe everyone in my highschool who said "it's just a phase" was right...I hate my life right now.

I apologize for making this so long; I could write a ton more about this situation, but I won't right now. I don't even know why I'm reaching out in the first place...I'm the only one who can help myself. I guess I'm just wondering if this has happened to someone else? I've found a few examples on the internet, but it always seems to be with lesbians, or teenaged/early 20's boys. Has this happened to anyone in their late 20s or even later, and have they switched back? Or is this permanent? I'm so upset I'm back to this questioning place again..

I'm so confused.

2. Viridian

Viridian Guest

Out Status:
    Some people
    You might be bisexual, but who knows.

Tell us more about your coming out experience.

3. Lamonia

Lamonia Guest

I understand your crisis....this kind of crisis is not limited to sexuality....I think when you discover a huge part of your identity seems to be out of your own control, and that a lot of the choices you think you made for your self...are just a result of random circumstances that you went through...

For example being a certain race, or religion, or career, or whatever it is that we try to make up our identity with...then you start to wonder, is it all just a random accident, what is it that we 'really' chose in all of this...do I have to be that all my life...is that all there is.

I think when you discover that whatever you strived for didn't turn out all that great is what procs it....and now you are bored...you are restless of why can't you just settle for what you know and are 'good at' and what you thought is your story...and want to go ahead and be something else...

A lot of people try to make a 'frozen' identity of whatever it is that they had no control over...oh I am much stronger cause I am diabetic/gay/black/poor, whatever it is that is seen as misfortune by society, people try to embrace it as a 'empowering experience'..I have always seen that as self deception to be able to cope with such misfortune, and don't particularly understand when people become stubborn about it, where it sounds as if they are saying oh I would choose being the second best even if I could help it, on one hand its good to be graceful, but on the other hand it sounds as if I am saying misfortune is a great part of life and we shouldn't try to fix the problems for future generations cause it gives them 'character'...sounds really baffling to me.

Regarding sexuality what I personally believe is that we are all naturally bisexual...or even able to be sexual to anything...given the right kind of push environmentally...and that a lot of our identity has to do of either approval/conditioning or rebelling against the society around us (which still seems like being a victim of others perceptions)...

I believe in trying as much as possible before judging something, or basing it on presumptions, because that way, its easier to know, that you didn't choose something out of convenience, or because you are afraid of pursuing it...it stops being a fantasy, and becomes a reality, and hey it may turn out a bad reality so you know and you try something else...in my opinion there is no shame of turning out wrong about what you thought, and just changing to something else...

I think you are just mourning how the idea of being who you are is not that simple...and are annoyed by how you can't control a lot of things including your self, it's like an alien is inside our own heads....this isn't as I said limited to sexuality.....how I approach it is to let go, and not doom my self to an identity, and try to let things be what they'll be, and live day to day, and try...try...try...I'm not even sure I'll ever settle for something specific...but I'll try to enjoy the process....it isn't simple I know...but it's what I think is to do...could be very wrong lol.

I am not sure what is your age, but there was for example a documentary by Dawn French a comedian interviewing a lot of other comedians, and she seemed to be having a crisis of...why did I pursue comedy...is this job even useful, her comedy partner Jennifer Saunders also made a documentary with dancers, and was stumped by why would anyone go through the misery of trying to be a dancer, and still she doesn't know why did she pursue comedy her self...they are at least in their 40s and now they are starting to have those doubts...age is just a number, a 20 year old can die just as someone can live up to 100 years...so my opinion is don't obsess over how 'ridiculous it is to have this crisis at this certain age'...it is not at all IMO.

LOL...your just 26 -_-....sorry missed that...25 is a pretty average age that people have this kind of crisis :grin:.

---------- Post added 14th May 2013 at 09:54 AM ----------

Plus how 'sexuality' was in Greece was usually younger guys hooked up with older guys, and then when they grow up they started hooking up with girls cause they wanted to...I guess something just happens...sexuality is complicated and fluid and needs a lot a lot more research and understanding - for both guys and girls...it isn't as simple as your eyes are brown or green...imo....

#3 Lamonia, May 14, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: May 14, 2013
  4. Oldat26

Hi Viridian,

I'd thought about calling myself bisexual, but I thought that would just be unnecessarily drawing out the process of...well, whatever I'm going through. I don't know, I'm just very much a "black or white" sort of person. I know how detrimental that is when it comes to sexuality, but it's hard to let go of.

As for my coming out experience, it was pretty typical. I was very religious, very involved in the church, mostly as penance for what I thought were sinful thoughts (my attraction to men). One night, I told one of my friends in my youth, almost on accident, that I had a crush on one of the guys in my class. Saying his name to my friend was one of the most relieving, liberating experiences of my life. After that, I eventually went from naming my crushes to just saying that I like men, and want a relationship, a boyfriend. I was living in Italy at the time, attending a tiny American school (my dad was in the Air Force, we were stationed over there), so I was the only gay guy in the whole school. I didn't have my first experience with another guy until two years later, during my senior year of high school, after we'd moved to Colorado, when I met my first boyfriend (we were together for a year). During those two years, though, especially in the first year after I came out, I was miserable. Like I said in my first post, after I came out I wondered if I'd made a mistake, that I'd come out prematurely. According to my best friend at school (a lesbian) and a number of gay guys my age I was talking to online, that kind of doubt after coming out was normal, so whenever it happened I dismissed those doubts of sexuality as not valid; I'd always been gay before, so I must still be. (Kind of the same logic I used with my previous boyfriend; I'd always wanted this, so I must still want this). But because of my religiousness before coming out, those first years afterwards I'd felt "persecuted by god," that I wasn't supposed to be gay because that was immoral...you know, all that nonsense. That's where a few of my suicide attempts at the time came from...shame at the thought I'd made a mistake, shame at showing people my deepest secret, etc.

So, like I said, not an unusual coming out experience...but completely irrelevant now, since at this point in time it feels like it happened to a completely different person. One that I can't relate to or connect to anymore.

5. Reptillian

You could have a case of fluid sexuality. One of the first stage of experiencing fluid sexuality is questioning your sexuality or even denial of your new sexual interest as you have been led to believe it's either you're born this way or chose, but for fluid people who had experienced it, it is neither.

6. Oldat26

Lamonia,

You're absolutely right, you touched on so many things that I'm going through. It's not just sexuality (even thought that's the biggest part). It's everything. My career, my interests, my hobbies, even my love of family and friends...was any of it ever real, ever really me? Who am I now? I feel adrift, disconnected...like an alien in my own head, as you put it so perfectly. I don't know where to go from here. It's not like I have something anymore that I can use to distract myself...literally everything in my life is in question.

And you're right, I am in mourning, severe mourning, and scared and upset that I can't control anything, feeling completely helpless...but I have to have something to lean on. Some kind of identity or part of an identity that I can lean on and use to move forward. I can't just "exist" or not commit myself to an identity, living day to day...what does that even mean? I understand that this kind of crisis is normal...but waking up every day is still difficult, when I don't know what strive for in the future, when I don't have a plan or even a dream I can strive for. That's why sexuality is the biggest part of this...sure, plenty of people of go through this, but that basic, most common foundation we all have, our sexuality, most people don't dive that deep and question it, I feel like. If it were just my career or other parts of my identity, that'd be fine...but my sexuality? How can I imagine a future when I don't know who/what I'm looking for? How can I hope to love or be loved when I don't even know myself? I see a very lonely future for myself.
    That's why it's so hard to let go of, that ideal that I had. That's why it's so hard for me to get over my ex boyfriend. He really was fantastic, and I wish it could have worked. He loved me very much, and I wish I could return it in kind....
    But you're right, again, about my wondering if that's all there is. I am restless, and don't know where to go from here, either physically, mentally, emotionally, geographically, etc...

I just wish this weren't the case.

7. Stray

You said that you have a new-found attraction to women, in what way? Do you just notice them more or do you have a yearning to be with them?

Because of how integral your sexuality is to your identity, I think you're taking this as many take a death in the family (denial, anger, bartering, depression, acceptance). Do you have anyone that you trust implicitly to talk to? Just getting things out there and discussing them can make you feel a lot better.

I know it may seem like you'll remain in this limbo forever, but trust me, you'll figure it out. What you felt and experienced was very much real; however, you may just have to accept that your likes are changing. In the mean time, take a deep breath and just step back for a second. And once you've gathered yourself a bit, start small: just go out with friends to bars and see who catches your eye. Go on a few dates with members of both sexes, if that appeals to you. Find comfort in your friends and family.

8. Oldat26

Stray,

I'm not sure it's newfound so much as it's newly acknowledged. Once, in college, I'd wanted to experiment, but never got around to that...and I was okay with that. I mean, before I'd always said I was 90% gay, 10% not, because I could see when a woman was attractive, but I didn't feel the need to go any further. It just wasn't a thing, wasn't an issue; my attraction to men was always the overriding one, both emotionally and physically. However, with my most recent relationship experience with my ex boyfriend that I've mentioned in my previous posts, I wonder if I ever really was, if I was just deluding myself (similar to what I did as a teenager, pretending to be straight), if it was ever meant to be. It was so romantic : (. Which depresses me. I'm not yearning to be with women; I feel like I have to, what with the flipflopping of attractions. The thought of being with a man, both in a relationship or sexually, brings me a lot of anxiety right now. Whether it's because of the stress I put myself through trying to make my previous relationship work, or whether it's because I'm afraid being with one would be the final proof that I'm not gay anymore, I'm not sure...but I suspect I know. I mean, I can still fantasize and watch some of the same porns I used to...but it takes a lot more work, and it's lacking in the same intensity from before. I can kind of with women...but it's not with the same intensity, thrill, and joy it was with men.

Regarding telling other people, I'd told everyone a few weeks ago, after the breakup, that maybe I'm bisexual. That didn't solve anything though; I feel like saying I'm bisexual just makes yearn for the past. I've told my family that I'm not gay anymore. It's funny, no one believes me, which used to bring me comfort (because maybe I was just so confused as a result of the breakup, and that the people closest to me who know me where i don't know myself right now), but I no longer think that's valid. I do discuss it with my therapist, but that doesn't help as much as I wish it did.

I understand that I may just have to accept that my likes have changed; I even suspect I know exactly how I will be in the future, but I don't want to accept it. I know it's probably inevitable, and I'm just drawing out the process and bringing myself more anguish by refusing to let go...but it's so hard.

I wish I'd never come out the first time at all; if I'd stayed in the closet the last ten years, this wouldn't be happening...

Anyways, thank you so much for taking the time reply, I appreciate it. I've seen some of your replies to other people on the forums, and they are levelheaded, rational, and helpful. Thank you.

#8 Oldat26, May 14, 2013
    Last edited: May 14, 2013
  9. Musician

Wow, Oldat, this sounds just like me, except I started off on the straight end.

Maybe sexual tastes can change. Hearing your story being a parallel to my own, only inspires me to stay with my girlfriend, because just the way you loved men, I loved women. Maybe your tastes are changing, but I can see that it wasn't a case of denial for me, because I believe it's much harder to be gay than straight, yet you have the same story.

There have been many famous sexologists who believed that we are much closer to bisexual than we think. I think I fit into that case. Yet, I don't think that it will negate our love for our original gender in the first place.

I hope things work out for us.

10. wrhla

Your story is fascinating oldat26. And like Musician says, it seems like a mirror image of what some experience the other way around, discovering a gay side they didn't know was there.

I agreed with a lot of what Lamonia said, particularly about the issue of "identity" in general. We try for various reasons to find a fixed identity. It helps us understand our place in the world. It can feel empowering. But it can also become a trap. Because we aren't fixed in a single place once and for all. We change. Different parts of ourselves surface and catch us by surprise.

You are mourning the loss of the self you thought you knew, and a way of being in the world that made sense to you. Now things don't seem to make sense so much. I know Musician meditates, which I think is a great way to tap into unexplored areas of yourself without trying to force things to be one way or another.

I would add only one more thought. Perhaps being in a serious relationship raised problems you hadn't experienced before in terms of intimacy. I think many of us are more afraid of intimacy than we realize. We want to connect with someone but part of us pulls away.

11. Lamonia

Lamonia Guest

I apologize if I sounded like I am saying it is normal - 'get over it', I just meant that a lot of people know that pain, so don't feel you are being absurd...

I honestly don't have a good solution, I know it gets really hard to feel you are not in some sick matrix joke...and it becomes impossible to trust anything...

I personally just put on the let's explore 'life' till the end mode, but I hold less and less biases about anything..it isn't fun I know :grin:...but it's the only thing I was able to come up with to be able..to want to get out of my room. :/

I think the advice that most functioning people would give is that you should not think too much, you have to come to terms with how uncertain life is, and just choose a game play it, when you don't like it try another...till you find your game. (I am not good at doing that personally lol xD).

12. Oldat26

Hi Musician,

I tried sending you a private message, and posting on your wall, but I guess that is veroten...Anywho, thank you very much for taking the time to write. I was just writing back because I was confused as to what you meant in terms of my experience making you want to stay with your girlfriend more, I'm not quite sure I understand what you mean?

I'm sure you can relate, but I feel like such an alien, I haven't come across very many cases like mine in my research at all; that's why I came to EmptyClosets, in the hopes that I could interact with someone who has had the same experience. But someone with a mirror experience is close enough, similar enough. I'm so upset that this has happened; I know I'll be alright in time, but I almost don't want to be, you know? I don't want to "get over this," or accept it and move on; I want it all back. But I also feel like I have no choice. I wish I could go back to the way I was; I was so happy with myself, and even though I wasn't secure, I was far more secure with myself then than I am now. I was so full of hope for the future, I couldn't wait to meet The Man of My Dreams!...but all of this happening makes me wonder, did I ever really want it? I don't know. I was just wondering how else your experience compared to mine, if you don't mind taking some time to share. Again, thank you for writing, I hope things work out for you as well.

13. Musician

Hey Old,

I mean that somehow, I think you will be still into guys, the way I still will be into girls. That I think in our old age, this may be a passing phase. Not to say you won't be attracted to women and I won't be attracted to men, but I'm glad that it wasn't denial for me. My guess is that with a gay person, their first choice - societally speaking - wouldn't be to be gay. But you genuinely loved men, which kind of reaffirms that I genuinely loved women, which is true.

I think our brains can play some seriously nasty tricks on us. For example, I made beautiful love to my girlfriend today and we spent an amazing day. Later in the day, I see a guy in a store with his pants down below his ass, and it got me so horny, like never before this time of my life I've been going through. Thing is, I went through a phase like this when I got into younger teens (never did anything, of course). But I was aroused by them. Eventually, I reverted back to adult women, because I loved them and they were first. Now I'm going through a man phase. But it feels very similar to what I went through with the younger girls. Has that gone away? Not completely. But I felt much more up to the task of loving grown women too. So I think my brain is just going through some crazy period, but I think the fundamental sexuality of hetero will prevail, just because I somehow still believe it is at the root of my sexuality. It definitely was, but after a while, like with anything else, it wasn't so new anymore.

Like with eating steak, the first steak I tried must have been orgasmic. Then, it wasn't new. But I still love it, and at the right time, made in the right way, it is delicious. I have the sense our sexuality can be this way too. I'm no sexologist, but I'm just guessing/hypothesizing that this may be the case? I guess we'll just have to ride it out and see. Meanwhile, enjoy the tits and ass! I know I would love to right about now if it wasn't for my pesky mind telling me otherwise.

14. Oldat26

I'm not sure how similar our situations are, then, wrhla and Musician : (. You see, I remember what I was attracted to, and my eyes are even drawn to it still; today at work, as a matter of fact, I saw a guy I've had a crush on for awhile whom I saw, and immediately, unbidden, I was like "Wow! He is absolutely gorgeous!"...but then I come home, and try to masturbate to the porns that embody what I've always been attracted to, but there's just...something missing. If you'll permit me a little bit of explicit words: I can get hard to men in these porns, but the orgasm just seems...off. The thrill seems to be gone, the rush, the "ohmygosh that's hot!"...Whereas with women, I don't get nearly as hard, but there is some titillation there? I just fee like with men, the attraction and hope/imaginings for a relationship are completely gone. Getting back to similarities, though, I did have a "phase" as a teenager, right after I came out of the closet; that's what caused most of my depression then, and then again once in college. Didn't last long though....And you do seem to have gone through this for longer than I have...so maybe it really is similar?

I'm sorry for all the see-sawing...I'm just grasping for something here, anything, within which I can build a framework...I hate the thought of it being completely gone with me. I'm thinking sad things, like, did I ever really like men? Was it just because it was taboo? Because it was just a phase that's gone forever? Do I now look at men because I appreciate male beauty in only an artistic, academic sense now? *sigh*

Btw, I really wish I could post on walls...

15. Oldat26

It's so hard to think that the last decade of my life was a lie, a phase. :frowning2:

16. Musician

I hear you really loud and clear on this "appreciating beauty in an artistic sense", and all the phases. Maybe we are more bisexual than we think. Because I know that at my height, I was attracted to women much more than I am attracted to men (my height being in the last few months). Like I kiss my girlfriend, and something is missing. I hate that feeling, because I KNOW what I always had liked. But, I guess we have swings. Since I have had phases, I'm waiting for this one to go. I think it will, because I had a phase with those younger girls, but I entered my relationship knowing about it, and I was ok with it. Not once did I believe I was some sort of hebephile or whatever, because its onset was after I had really gone through puberty (it was at 16). And just like this, I don't believe I'm gay because the onset of this was at about 26. Tastes change a lot for me, I guess. I'm scared I may be wrong, but I don't know. I just think that if I was really gay, I would have known about it a long time ago. Maybe we repressed our bisexuality for so long it is coming out now? There are bisexual forums that specifically address that.

Also, did you notice if after a while, you weren't so horny for guys as you were when you started puberty? Like it died down? You still whacked it to men, but it wasn't as crazy like when you were 13 or so? I used to get horny just riding the train, looking at women. And I kinda feel like that right now with men. And I hope, like with those younger girls, and most importantly, the adult women, that this male thing dies down, and I can return to just sweet love of both genders, but most importantly, women, because I really believe I am on the straight end of things. I could be wrong, but like you with the men, I find women to be my comfort zone too.

I'm afraid many people on this site will tell me to embrace my gay side, but I am. I just feel more comfortable with women, in spite of these recent male sexual outbursts. Maybe it's just my rather hetero history. And I like you, Oldat26, because you have the same situation, but many might not so easily tell you to embrace your straight side, though I know some might encourage that. I just think it's best to just calm our minds, and accept whatever attractions we might have, however painful they may be to accept. But I still think you may be primarily gay and just going through a phase, even if it lasts for a little while (weeks, months, I guess?). I hope the same for myself - that I may ultimately be primarily straight, but in any relationship, I do understand bisexuality is a tough freaking cookie to deal with.

#16 Musician, May 15, 2013
    Last edited: May 15, 2013
  17. Musician

Sometimes I question, I used to be so attracted to women! Where the hell did it go?!?!?!? If we are gay, they say you are born this way, and it doesn't change. I know I was born attracted to women, and now it changed? So you can only change into being gay? This is nuts. I'm glad you told your story, Old, because it shows that things CAN shift. I don't believe we are BORN one way or another. Maybe primarily, but things can shift - so it seems to me based on the evidence we are both presenting.

18. Reptillian

They say that you are born gay, but all these people have is anecdotal evidence to support the idea as there is no conclusive evidence that sexuality is inborn. Instead, one can explain your, the OP, and my shifts on sexuality using models that do not support the born this way hypothesis and the choice hypothesis. One such model I am proposing is the inclination model where genetics, environment and neural wirings are all factors that can make one more or less inclined to be a homosexual while there is always a probability that those variables do not make one more or less a homosexual.

19. Oldat26

I really wish I could connect with someone who's situation is exactly like mine, a "gay" guy who is no longer so (maybe even never was?), who is now "straight." Does anyone know of someone like that? Even heard of it?

20. Oldat26

As I've gone through these forums and read the posts of various people and their situations, I have to make an observation...my gawd, there's a little bit of everything....I'm trying to find something, someone, some situation somewhere regarding sexuality that's just like mine so I can extrapolate...but I can't, and as I read some of these sexuality confusion other people are going through to provide context in my own life and and try to make sense of things, I just get even more confused. In trying to bring order to chaos, I only make things more chaotic. The more I try to make sense of things by reading what others are going through, the more confused I get. I "love" trying to analyze everything and make sense of it, but in this instance, for the first time ever, I just can't. I literally can't, and I have to accept that. I saw my life before as like a movie, and I was its star; now, I have to just "BE," inside of myself. And that's so hard to get used to. I really miss everything from before, and I hope I can get back to some kind of normal soon. I don't want to be in this limbo for years : (.

I still hope that I end up going in some kind of long circle and end up back where I started, though...albeit with more perspective, experience, and appreciation....that image I had forever, that dream that still won't die, of the kind of relationship, the boyfriend, that I'd always wanted, and with the kind of boyfriend I had until so recently...that's not being delusional, or me being in denial, is it?