1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I Think I'm Transgender ?

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by LesbianKitten, May 16, 2013.

1. LesbianKitten

Hello Again,
    I have been going through this website and trying to answer all of my questions and have been finding great people to help me with my answers but, I have been taking what they say and the way I feel and trying to find matches. I am on the edge of figuring out exactly what to call myself. I do know this, I love women, transgender women as well, because they are women <3 I believe all women are beautiful in their own way and all deserve love. I enjoy being the guy in the relationship. I hate dressing feminine, I also hate to show that I have breasts. I do not like how squeaky and girly my voice is, I only enjoy it when I sing. I love to wear men's clothing, I believe it fits y body better then women's clothing does. Many of my role models for body image are males. I have dreams of myself being a male. Should I come out and say I'm Trans* or am I not? :shrug:

2. Niko

It kind of sounds like you're trans*, just going off of what you said. How do you feel about your female parts. Do you believe that you should've been born with male parts instead, and because you don't you feel as though something is missing? Also, how do you feel about female pronouns? Meaning does it bother you to no end when someone calls you a girl?

Remember transgender is an umbrella term, it houses many things such as: crossdressers, drag queens/kings, genderqueer/genderfluid and more. So it's possible you could be one of those as well.

3. PurpleRain

Skyrim... I have no life, and enjoy it. :D
    Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    It sounds like you certainly could be trans*. Really only you can tell. I'll agree with Niko though If you can answer those questions it'll help you figure things out. Hope you figure it out hun, let me know if you need any help figuring things out. (*hug*)

4. Ettina

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Personally I wouldn't include crossdressers and drag kings/queens under the trans umbrella. Gender identity and gender roles are separate things.

5. Niko

Yes, gender identity and gender roles are two completely different things; but transgender is an umbrella term. It is a term for people whose gender identity, expression or behavior is different from those typically associated with their assigned sex at birth.

So yes, crossdressers and drag queens/kings do fall under that umbrella; but not all crossdressers or drag queens/kings are transgender men or transgender women.