1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

would like advice as I don't know what to do

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by sweet haze, May 31, 2013.

1. sweet haze

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Hi, im 18 and nearly all my life i have always wanted to be a girl. Basically back when I was young i had feelings about being a girl and wearing girls clothing. I suppressed that for years and it was only recently that i have been feeling the erge to dress up as a girl and live like a woman. I know for sure that I am attracted to women. All of this is all confusing me. All i want is clarity and some direction.only a few friends know about this and I would like some kind of help and support.

2. Hey honey! Welcome to EC! (&&&)

From your post, you state that you have always wanted to be a girl. So I take it that you are MtF? You might have noticed these feelings and thoughts don't just go away, even if we wanted them to. That's something I also have recently come to accept. I would say just be yourself! Start to feminize yourself, wear girl's clothing, and see how you feel. It might be that if you feel too uncomfortable doing this in public just yet, to do it when you're by yourself for awhile until you feel okay to come out about it.

It is entirely possible to be a lesbian in a man's body, because sexual attraction is different from gender identity. I think once I started realizing what was going on with me, instead of denying it -- that's the moment I knew I could begin to live a more complete life. You don't have to live in denial, or be afraid. You can be yourself, and surround yourself with people who love you for who you are. (*hug*) It won't be easy, but you have to know it will be worth it in the end.

3. SilverGirl

hello hun, welcome to EC!

first, i see you set your profile label as "Transgender - FtM" (female to male), from your post i suppose you were born as a man and identifies as a girl right? so the right label would be "Transgender - MtF" (male to female) for your profile :icon_wink

second, gender identity and sexuality are different things, you can identify yourself as female and like women, man, both, or anything really! you can be you and there is nothing wrong with that!

well how do being called as a "she" sound to you? what else attracts you about being a female? does wearing female clothing makes you feel better or more natural? or just gives you sexual pleasure? or both?

you should ask yourself a few questions about it, and also you can ask whatever you want, and we will do our best to help you! :thumbsup:

also, there is more info and advice in these wonderful links here

http://emptyclosets.com/forum/sexua...pful-informative-threads-gender-identity.html

4. sweet haze

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Thank you so much for replying and giving me advice about this. I have a few questions about transitioning although I am not sure whether it's a good idea yet. If someone could send me a couple of links About being a woman, diet (also if there are any feminizing foods, vitamans.ect)and female mannerisms.

Thank you :slight_smile: