1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My person thinks he's a boy

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by Unsurevirgin, Jun 10, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Unsurevirgin

Unsurevirgin Guest

So 1 yr ago my person thinks he's a boy still thinks a boy I've asked once and he got mad I questioned him . How do u know ur mtf for sure? Anyone knows a guy is without thinking they're a guy in the wrong body right ? I don't want him mutilating himself and making a mistake .

2. drwinchester

drwinchester Guest

First off, the correct term would be ftm. :wink: Mtf would refer to a woman who was assigned male at birth.

And alright, so in a nut shell, you're concerned that he's making a mistake and that he'll be 'mutilating' himself. And that he 'thinks' he's a boy.

Honey, he's a boy. 100%. Doesn't matter what's in his pants. Doesn't matter what you think of him. And he's not making a mistake. His identity is his to own. Believe me. I know a guy who was born in the wrong body quite well myself. You might say I know him better than myself. :wink:

Your job is simply to be supportive and to respect who he is. To question him and to doubt him might actually be the worst thing you can do (and I mean this as nicely as possible). He knows who he is. And if he wants to transition, you need to lay off him and let him make his own choices. His body, his person, his identity. It's not your job to make sure he's certain. That's his job and his alone. Trust me. As a transman, I know I'd be more than mad if someone kept doubting me and badgering me to be 'sure' of myself.

Look, really don't want to mean you any offense but honestly, he knows who he is. I think it's time to step back and accept him and be the support he needs without question.

3. Pret Allez

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    You crossed a line, and the angry reaction was warranted. Don't you think we question ourselves before deciding our gender doesn't match our sex?

#3 Pret Allez, Jun 10, 2013
    Last edited: Jun 10, 2013
  4. Gipsy

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I'm pretty sure he took his time to sort it out before telling anyone, and it probably took him some guts to finally tell you. Unfortunately, you don't seem to comprehend it. Just my little opinion, though I agree with the two above answers. I'm actually surprised you used the right pronouns to describe him.

5. mochiaddict

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I agree with the previous two *three* posts. Also, before he can transition, he will go through some kind of psychological evaluation; so even if he is uncertain he will have time to decide how to proceed.

6. Pret Allez

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    It's prefaced with a "thinks," :rolle: so the use of the right pronouns doesn't count, in my view.

7. Unsurevirgin

Unsurevirgin Guest

I just worry yknow ? He's like my best friend and he's my well kind of a bf

8. Pret Allez

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Worry does not always constitute support.

9. Unsurevirgin

Unsurevirgin Guest

I didn't want to offend anyone I wanna protect him and make him happy

10. drwinchester

drwinchester Guest

Re: My person is a boy

There's no need to worry about him. Believe me. That's not going to be of any help for him to question and worry and undermine his choices. It's better to just lay off, let him be, and be supportive. When you question someone for being trans, you're picking a scab and making it worse than if you just rolled with his identity.

11. Unsurevirgin

Unsurevirgin Guest

That's why I asked hello ! I'm trying to comprehend so he can feel good about himself

---------- Post added 10th Jun 2013 at 09:33 PM ----------

[GVIDEO]C[/GVIDEO]
    I don't know anything about dating ,especially a transman and I feel so bad I can't give him the pleasure CIs men get .

12. drwinchester

drwinchester Guest

Hint. We're guys. Treat him no different. Just depends on communication like any other relationship.

13. Unsurevirgin

Unsurevirgin Guest

Thanks

14. Hexagon

Denying his gender won't make him happy. It may make him suicidal, though. It did me.

15. drwinchester

drwinchester Guest

Yes. Virgin, dude. What do you expect? That he'll wake up and say "Oh. Thank you. All your incessant questioning has made me 100% about who I am! I needed all that and the resulting dysphoria and doubting, it made me a stronger person and now I'm going to go sing an inspirational Disney song!" ?

Again. Questioning will not help him. Undermining his identity will not help him. Making sure he's happy or 'certain,' I guarantee will only lead to the opposite.

Okay. Let's take this from your perspective. Imagine if, say, your best female friend kept questioning you about your sexuality. "Gee. Are you really sure you're queer? Maybe you'll all putting thoughts in your head? Maybe you're not really queer and you're just doing this so you can be a special snowflake. Ah, but see. I'm trying to help you. I don't want you making a mistake. Trust me. You should really think about loving men full time because you're a woman and if you go down the queer path, you'll never come back!"

See? That's how it sounds.

16. Unsurevirgin

Unsurevirgin Guest

Thanks u don't need to be smarty pants I get it

17. Pret Allez

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Somebody takes criticism well. :rolle:

18. MerBear

Lets calm down everyone. respect each other so this thread doesn't get closed. just saying.

19. Pret Allez

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Every single person to respond has disagreed with the OP for the same reasons, and she reiterated three times. I think the conversation is clearly at an impasse.

20. MerBear

You could report it to the moderators.

I agree with all of You But i dont want to heat up this convo anymore than it already has.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.