1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Feeling confused about my sexuality after realizing that I'm trans

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by thsolar, Jun 10, 2013.

1. thsolar

thsolar Guest

I used to identify as a lesbian when I still thought I was cisgender, but now that I've realized/come to terms with the fact that I'm FtM, I feel sort of confused and alone. I have no idea what to call my sexual orientation anymore really for one- I'm currently dating another transguy, which I suppose would make me bisexual instead of straight but I'm honestly really really confused about terminology when it comes to romance. What should I call myself?

2. suninthesky

Maybe you're a straight guy who happened to fall in love with a transguy. Or maybe you're just a human.

I know it's probably not what you want to hear, but I wouldn't get too caught up on labels. Have you talked to your boyfriend? He might be going through the same thing.

This video might help you: Pansexual - YouTube

3. yeah, I hear this issue loud and clear. hits close to home. this is why I use queer for my sexual orientation.

the reality is, if you throw the multitude of gender identities and gender expressions into the mix, all of our words for sexual orientation don't really cut it anymore.

pansexual is a good one but doesn't particularly feel right to me, personally. could be good for you though, if you're feelin' it.

labels are meant to describe not to confine, so if you find that you're straining against the ones you're using, there will always be ones that fit better. even if we have to invent more to do it. :slight_smile:

4. Lilly storm

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I wholeheartedly agree with the previous posts, but, I know it can be confusing trying to figure out what your orientation is rather than the label.

5. Hexagon

You are a man. Straight men like women. Gay men like men. Bisexual men like both... you see where I'm going with this. Thats terminology for you. As for whether or not you are bisexual because you're dating a guy, I can't tell you. Are you attracted to other men, or just this one?

6. thsolar

thsolar Guest

Pretty much just this one, really

7. Hexagon

Then its likely that you're straight or mostly straight. But don't let that put you off the relationship.