1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Any idea what this gender identity is please?

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by kulele, Jun 12, 2013.

1. kulele

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    I know, nobody can decide my gender identity for me. Thing is, I know exactly what my gender identity is and how I feel my gender is, it's just finding the label for it, I don't know what it's called! So I was wondering if anyone could point me to any terms for me to explore? :slight_smile: It's hard to describe, argh, let's see...

I feel like a boy and a girl, and the two have merged, so I feel like a boygirl. I originally thought bigender, but I don't feel like a boy and a girl, I feel like the two are the same thing for me (but I don't feel agendered, I definitely feel like a boy and a girl). I don't feel 50% girl and 50% boy. If I dress feminine, I feel like a feminine boygirl, rather than more of a girl. I don't know if pronouns or gender presentation matter, but I'm indifferent on pronouns, I'm not strongly attached to any so I don't mind what people call me, but I feel a little more attached to people using she about 60% of the time and he about 40% of the time, and I feel most comfortable presenting myself sort of androgynously - a cross between "chic masculine" woman and "pretty boy". I feel dysphoria about my 34D chest but no dysphoria about anything else.
    But with all of this going on (ugh, I'm really sorry for being complicated), I feel like a "womanly man", but I'm definitely not cis.

Labels are super comforting (I feel a little bit ashamed to admit that! but when I found "pansexual" there was this rush of relief that I could identify with something) and I want to kind of find one that sort of fits, but also describing myself as a "boygirl" could be a little odd. :lol:

Thanks for any input given. :slight_smile:

2. Tetraquark

Tetraquark Guest

The closest I can think of is androgyne. I mean, its root words mean "man-woman," which sounds pretty close to what you describe. From the Gender Wiki: