1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

more questions about my identity

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by dolphinsneu, Jun 15, 2013.

1. dolphinsneu

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Hi,

So I came on this site questioning my identity. I have more questions and am a little confused.

I don't question my attraction to women anymore.

However, I have noticed a few things about myself. At the pride party, my friend's friend, who is a female to male transgender, I felt turned on by him.

There are other guys whom I have been turned on by in the course of my life, such as my other friend's partner, a biological male who is gender fluid. It only happens occaisonally, but it does.

Is this bisexuality? Or is it normal? I guess I'm just curious to hear your takes on this.

I have had man-crushes on guys all my life. Again, these were much less often then my girl crushes, but they did happen.

I am excited to discover this new side of me :grin:

2. destiny99

destiny99 Guest

There is a possibility that you are pansexual, which means that you like a person, not their gender (including trans people). You would probably get more luck on this tread if you posted it in the Sexual Orientation and Gender Identity Support section instead of chit-chat.

3. cm81990

cm81990 Guest

I would say you seem bisexual by your description. Nothing wrong with it, but definitely different than the experience of your typical gay or lesbian. I personally do not like seeing gays and lesbians lumped in with bisexuals. Bisexuality is totally a separate issue but definitely an issue that needs to be addressed. They are similar yet different than gays/lesbians. I never supported the very general LGBT model. I do support a more fragmented model where bi's can give support to bi's and gays can give support to gays. What is in common with gays is same sex attraction. It is normal yet more or less a minority of the population. Being a minority can cause several issues such as depression, anxiety, and stress. It is important to work through this and realize that sexual orientation is not the defining characteristic of you, but a part of who you are. You are more than your sexual preference.

4. Ettina

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Well, I don't know if there's a separate label for it or if it's just lumped under bisexual, but I do know I've heard of others who are attracted to one gender as well as to gender-variant people. For example, one women I heard of was attracted to women and FtMs.

Are all the guys you're attracted to some variety of transgender?

5. jargon

"Is this bisexuality? Or is it normal?"

Yes.

To be a little more elaborate: being bi doesn't mean have exactly equal attraction to both genders. If you're sometimes attracted to both males and females, enough that you would consider pursuing some kind of relationship/intimacy, then "bi" is probably an accurate label for you. Of course, how you do identify is really up to you. But it sounds like you definintely fit the general definition.

6. dolphinsneu

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    For example, I get urges to want to get close to guys and be affectionate with them, the same way I do for women, but I don't get the urges to want to do sexual things with them.

---------- Post added 2nd Jul 2013 at 06:06 PM ----------

The main ones, yes, however, a few that aren't.