1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How can u show my best friend he's not a freak ?

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by Unsurevirgin, Jun 27, 2013.

1. Unsurevirgin

Unsurevirgin Guest

How can I support him and make him believe he's not a freak? I love him so much and his self esteem is down bc ppl only see he's a girl bc he hasn't transitioned yet ? He is a boy he always knew . Now he says he's a girl and all this stuff bc he doesn't want ppl thinking of him as a freak .

2. Argentwing

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Show him that there are enough transgender people around to merit a permanent spot in "LGBT" representation. He's not a freak; he's a minority. :wink:

3. Unsurevirgin

Unsurevirgin Guest

Thank u I'm just upset bc of the break up ad he's saying all this yknow ?

4. GayJay

Yeah I know the feeling of thinking your alone and it can make you seel like so weird
    Is there not any way he could be introduced to other trans guys, or tell him about this site. That way he can talk to others in the same position and get support/advice on living as a male pre transition :slight_smile:
    Other than that I think all you can do is tell him he's not a freak and reassure him although it tough and he feels like a freak its not his fault at all, and there are so many others like him he just hasn't come accross them, I'm assuming he's young so as he gets older he will probably meet trans people. And that it gets easier the more you get comfortable with himself

5. Unsurevirgin

Unsurevirgin Guest

HTML:
    y
    I did tell him about this site and he said no

6. malachite

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Being that we live in a more digital age now, there must be some place he talk with other transgender folk, seeing he isn't the only is a great way to help.

7. Unsurevirgin

Unsurevirgin Guest

He hasn't come out as trans

8. drwinchester

drwinchester Guest

For me, knowing that there are other transguys out there leading normal lives has helped me accept myself. Tumblr, for instance, has a huge transguy community, which I highly recommend, if only for the opportunity to connect with other guys both closeted and out. Coincidentally, Tumblr was basically what made me begin to question my gender (going on Fuck Yeah FtM and realizing you see yourself in the guys posting tends to raise a few internal eyebrows...), so yeah... Recommended.

9. Unsurevirgin

Unsurevirgin Guest

Thanks but he doesn't like doing that