1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Any Advice?

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by Wolf runner, Jun 30, 2013.

1. Wolf runner

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    I'm just slightly confused. I've been putting off this because I know the stress it would bring, but I just can't ignore it anymore.

I do have a question though, do Gay men feel like women inside? It's a weird question, but I've kept on telling myself, that oh...it's normal for gay men to act like that. I don't feel comfortable hanging out with guys my age, and I find myself hanging out more so with the women.

When I was younger I thought that I was different. I really enjoyed scrapbooking, and sewing. My mom even called me out on it when I was younger and thought that I was gay (Which is still true)

I don't know how to describe it. I hate the hair on my body, my shoulders really creep me out and I just don't truly feel like a guy. I feel like a girl. But I don't really want to transition. It's just more of a, I just want to be comfortable as a woman. I don't know. I just need some advice and some help. If you could share your story, it truly would help a lot. Thanks

2. LD579

Gay guys may be a bit more inclined to disregard gender conforming behaviour, which is largely just perpetuated by society. With that said, I personally don't feel like a woman inside, and I suspect that many other gay guys do not, as well. Even though some of my quirks and behaviour may be seen as girly... I still strongly identify as a male, for some reason.

That's just me, perhaps.

3. Mango

I've seen effeminate gay guys become MTF transsexuals and I've seen previously declared hetero-MTF transsexuals, simply become effeminate gay guys. I've also seen androgynous bisexuals and gays, as well. There appears to plenty of roles to play upon the stage of the gender continuum. Just be yourself. Fully express the way that you feel inside. Try to find a counselor who specializes in sexual orientation and gender issues. If you find yourself frequently switching back and forth with the gender roles in order to feel comfortable, then I would suggest that you find a qualified counselor, as soon as possible.

#3 Mango, Jul 2, 2013
    Last edited: Jul 2, 2013
  4. Gravity

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    This is, I think, at the heart of it.

I personally identify as male, and I know some gay men who identify as male and some who identify as female, or some who have a strong feminine side but still identify as male. For example, I know one guy who identifies as male, but will also shop in the women's section of clothing stores as often as he shops in the men's section.

I don't think I can make any pronouncements about you or your sexual identity, sexual expression, etc. at this point. But what I can say is that you shouldn't have any natural reason to feel bad about being friends with women. If you don't want to transition, then don't. And if you want to shave your legs, go for it.