1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Lost

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by BelleLey, Jul 5, 2013.

1. BelleLey

BelleLey Guest

Hi,
    I am 23, i've never been with anyone boy or girl and i have no idea if i'm gay or not.
    I don't go out much and i'm scared that the more i wait the more difficult it will be to figure thnigs out. It's already so hard for me to open up to other people ... It's so confusing, i mean, how am I supposed to know which gender i'm attracted to, if i never get out of my appartement ?
    I am not sure why i'm writing this down, just felt like sharing i guess.

(Sorry if my english is not perfect)

2. greatwhale

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Bonjour BelleLey!

Greatwhale from Montréal here, je te souhaite la bienvenue chez nous!

Your English is excellent. Now, I presume that you are here because you suspect you might not be quite straight, correct?

It is not necessary to involve anyone else in your experimentation, but it will be important for you to watch yourself very carefully, maybe even a journal can help you figure things out. Note especially how you feel when contemplating opposite or same-sex relationships.

Next, you need to get out of your apartment...are you in a big city? I know that Paris has a very extensive LGBT community, perhaps you're not the type to join? I would urge you to get out anyway and maybe explore what there is in the universities (even though you may have graduated recently).

There are a ton of resources here at EC, and even more resourceful people...n'hésite surtout pas à nous demander de l'aide!

3. BelleLey

BelleLey Guest

Merci !
    That's right i think i may not be straight. I don't live in a big city unfortunately, and i know that i have a lot of work to do on myself, i guess i just over analyse everything and it makes it hard to take any chances or any decisions at all.

4. greatwhale

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I think the key thing is to just...not decide! That's right, don't decide just do...go out there without any expectations or hopes or anything, but just get out of your apartment, nothing will happen without that one, simple step...

5. pinklov3ly

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I agree with greatwhale, go out and explore. Put yourself out there and just observe people. If you find yourself checking out men, women and or both then it's a start. Call a few friends and or siblings and just go out without any expectations. You don't want to be too hard on yourself by trying to force yourself to have feelings for anyone.

6. BelleLey

BelleLey Guest

Thanks for the advice, i will try to do that. Feels great though to talk about it. This forum is great and so are you guys.