1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Is it just me?

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by Kizz, Jul 5, 2013.

1. Kizz

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hiya all! Long time, no see.
    Just thought I'd drop by this forum again, because I've got a question that's been nagging at me for ages.

I am an introverted shy 20 year old. I am perfectly confident in my sexuality. Have been since secondary school, and even then, I knew in junior school. I just didn't have a name for it.

I am "out" to my close family, one half of my extended family and most close online-only friends.
    I do not believe in god, and do not view being gay as any moral issue.

So why is it that, during real life, and online to friends etc, I find it difficult to actually say it? To say the word, gay? To apply it to myself, even though I know full well I am?

It's not really a pressing issue on the forum. I'm just not sure why, exactly. It's hard for me to type, and harder still to say. Am I the only one who feels this?

2. Grrrr331

I know that it's hard to come out to other people because it just is, even if you accepted yourself and have no religion morals. I feel the same way. I fully accepted myself for over a year and even thinking about telling my family, but I freaked out to think about what they'll think.

3. lsl1995

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I feel the same way and honestly, I think it's because using the word gay just makes it seem so definite. I mean, it's not really hard for me to type the words, "I am gay", but saying it out loud is definitely a challenge. In fact, I haven't said it out loud once.

In a way, I feel like I'll be a different person if I say it. I won't be me anymore, I'll be a gay person, and that's awful for me to think, but it's true. I most definitely have not come to terms with it. You're not alone.