1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

On the hunt~

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by Phoenixaaa, Jul 5, 2013.

1. Phoenixaaa

I haven't posted anything in a while, and knowing EC, good advice is bound to come my way. :icon_wink

Something happened recently that caught my attention. I started a new job and had not expected anyone to show interest in me. However, my co-worker told me that a guy had been asking about me and staring a lot. :icon_redf I have also dealt with guys only being able to approach me through other people or with "tipsy" courage. I don't think of myself as mean or too good for anyone. I just like displaying some confidence on days I feel good about myself... :eusa_danc

My question to you all is: How do you all show that you're "single and ready to mingle?" :badgrin: :rolle:
    Also, when do guys/girls/sexy people approach you (how do you respond)? and when do you feel it is safe to approach them?

2. merlin

merlin Guest

Hi Phoenixaaa,

New job comes with perks, it seems ;-) I hope your co-worker is a trusty person. People at work may play nasty "jokes" sometimes. I can't really give good answers to your questions, but it seems to me that if your display confidence about yourself, that in itself is pretty clear and likely to be picked up by the right person. I'm too shy for going in directly (except when I drink some alcohol), but if I were you I would start by paying some "innocent" attention to that other person ("go for a coffee" kind of thing to start it off), as this provides an opportunity to get to know each other better. There is nothing suspicious about going for a coffee or beer after work. Also, perhaps the other person is not yet as ready to come out of a closet (if he is in there), and based on personal experience, that can backfire if you go too fast and too direct. If a sexy person approaches me, I probably think he is either blind or someone cool and handsome must be standing behind me ;-) Just my two-pennies worth of ideas.

3. Phoenixaaa

Hi back,

I definitely am shy too when it comes to approaching people on my own. The things I tend to do to screw myself over are behaving with only moderate interest to not seem weird or even not flirting. I guess that since I haven't been in many situations to do so, flirting has become more of a hassle than it should be.

4. merlin

merlin Guest

I hear you! There should be a workshop on "how to flirt with men without raising suspicion but yet be effective where it counts" ;-)

Good luck! Love will eventually succeed where personality may fail us :slight_smile: