1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Feeling horrible and guilty

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by Xeno, Jul 5, 2013.

1. Xeno

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    A bit of a long story...

I started chatting with this person on the internet, and after talking for a couple of weeks, we decided that we would Skype. After a couple of calls, we kind of started a relationship. After a few calls later, she told me that she was trans.

I told her that that was fine, and she told me that I was the first person that she had told. After hanging out, a couple of more times, she told me that she was going to tell her parents.

Then, one night, she called me and told me that she told her parents, but they didn't take kindly to the fact of having a daughter. She told me that she couldn't take it anymore, I tried to cheer her up, and tried to tell her that it'll get better.

She seemed a bit cheered up after our last call, so she went to bed. Then I got a Skype call and it was her mother. She told me that she hated me for "putting those thoughts into his head", and that I was not allowed to come to the funeral.

I feel horrible and guilty, I feel as if I had kept talking to her a bit longer than she wouldn't have done it, and she would still be here. :icon_sad:

2. Grrrr331

Woah I am really sorry about your story and her, it's tragedic. I dont know what to say though. Dx

3. BelleLey

BelleLey Guest

Sorry for your loss. I don't think there is much more you could have done. When people are determined to do it, you can't change their mind.

4. whyme10

Omg That is so sad. I feel so bad for you but mostly her and her family. Life just isn't fair is it.:tears:

5. greatwhale

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    This is really tragic, but you can't accept blame or guilt for this. Her parents are going through hell right now, and they will try to lash out and find someone to blame, but you had no part in this, and you could not have done anything more...

I had a close friend who committed suicide...there was nothing I could do....mental illness is a terrible affliction, but there is no one to blame for this, it just is.