1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I don't want to hurt her feelings

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by darlig ulv, Jul 5, 2013.

1. darlig ulv

So I'm in camp now and tonight we had a dance. There's this girl who I'm friends with and we've danced several times but (at least for me) it was only friend thing. Well, there's this big thing and we're having another tomorrow night. So she asked me if I would go with her, I didn't really think much of it so I obliged, and afterwards she looked really happy. She always seemed like she liked me, but now Im afraid that I'm stuck in an odd position because not that many people know that I'm gay. I'm not really sure what to do and I don't want her to get her hopes up and be hurt if I back away. What do I do?:eusa_doh::eusa_doh:

2. LD579

Let her know that she's an amazing girl but that you just aren't looking for a relationship, maybe? Her feelings will get hurt just because they aren't reciprocated, and that would go for whether you liked girls or didn't.

You could still go with her, but make it clear that you're going as friends. That's all you could really do, short of telling her that girls just don't interest you in that way.