1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Why are people so surprised? I don't get it...

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by Sayu, Jul 6, 2013.

1. Sayu

I am the most tomboyish girl I know. I have a boyish haircut, dress like a boy, act like a boy, I have never hidden my interest in LGBT stuff. Strangers usually mistake me for a boy and yet people I know are still surprised when I tell them I'm not straight. Not everybody, of course. But I've recently come out to a bunch of friends from my class and some of them reacted with: "I'd never guess that about you!" and they didn't mean it ironically.

Has anything like this happened to those of you who "fit stereotypes"? :confused:

#1 Sayu, Jul 6, 2013
    Last edited: Jul 6, 2013
  2. Help

Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Well you can't really judge someone by the way they look or act since if I was one of your friend I would kind of be surprised but not really because now in society around my area there are people that would act their opposite gender like sometimes me and my friend act girly as a joke like talk in a high pitch voice, have hand gestures and even walk like a girl but we know its all just a joke and don't mind it because we are so use to it. But a few months ago some of my female friends suspected that I was gay until I started hanging out with guys then they have less of a suspicion of it because I just hanged out with females, sometimes act like one.