1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sooo does this usually happen?

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by Ritor365, Jul 7, 2013.

1. Ritor365

I'm just wondering, but lately I've noticed my attraction to girls is fading, and I'm getting more and more sexually attracted to guys. I remember before I used to be much more into girls than guys, and then it was pretty much 50/50 and not it's like 90% Guys and 10% girls. Is it normal for someone's sexual feelings to shift like this? I know it's definitely not a phase, and I'm not upset by it, but definitely curious.

2. HelloMyNameIs

Yes, it's possible, even common, for attractions to shift. Whichever way you lean at any given time is great! :newcolor:

3. rjrh20

Some people do start out thinking they are bisexual and soon realize that they are actually gay, it is completely normal.

4. Ritor365

Lol, Ok thanks :slight_smile: I don't think I'm full blown gay, because I still do feel true attractions to girls, but I'm pretty damn close xD

Anyways, thanks again, I was just curious whether ones preference could shift a lot :slight_smile:

5. Chip

Board Member Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    For many people, it's part of a self-acceptance process, basically a part of the bargaining process... "OK, I'm not totally straight, and I like a guy here and there but I'm really attracted to girls a lot"... and then, as a guy opens up more fully to the idea of liking guys, he maybe begin to realize that he feels things for guys in a way he's never felt for girls... which starts to make it more understandable/acceptable.

So yes, it's very common. And it might mean you eventually identify as gay, or maybe you keep that 10% attraction toward women. I do think it's important to realize that it is unlikely that your preference/orientation is actually shifting and more likely that you are coming to accept and be comfortable with your attraction to guys.

6. SimplyJay

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Ritor365:
    Same type of thing for me I feel I'm more towards the gay end of bi than I was a number of years ago.

Not sure if its actually shifted, or more along the line of what Chip said...

7. person57

Yup it happened to me. I used to be mostly into girls than guys but now I'm more into guys than girls.

8. apandemisexual

Out Status:
    A few people
    It is possible your sexuality didn't shift but your attention did. You're paying more attention to males now than females. A lot of possibilities can explain why your attention shifted. Did you come to a conclusion being with guys are less stressful than being with women? (esp. if you're at the age where you just want to have fun since there are less hoops to jump through with guys) Do you want to get married and have kids? If not, being with guys would be easier as there are no expectations for those things.

9. FucSoc

FucSoc Guest

it doesn't have to say that you are gay. Many bisexual have times in their life when they prefer girls, and after a few monthes/weeks/years they would like to be with guys.
    it might change back

10. Paper Crane

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I've been feeling that I'm liking women a lot more lately, so although I can't offer any real advice, I can offer you solidarity? :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

11. HeyAshley

there's nothing about that, that's abnormal at all. especially only being 17.

12. Ritor365

Ok, now I'm understanding it better, thanks guys :slight_smile: This had actually been confusing me for quite sometime, but if I turn out to be fully gay, so be it :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: I'm handling this a lot better than I would've a few years ago. And thanks Chip for the more in-depth explanation, it helps a lot :slight_smile:

OMG FRIEND

xD

13. Jared

For most of teens I identified as bi, not that I told anyone, as I was clinging to the idea of being able to end up with a woman. And then when I started college a few years ago I realized that I felt way more for guys than I ever did for girls. I basically went through what Chip is describing.

14. The_Poets

US/ Hogwarts/ vacations spent in the tardis
    I totally had my attractions shift i always thought i was straight until recently i started noticing girls more and more