1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Kissed my best friend while drunk

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by DaniJ, Jul 8, 2013.

1. DaniJ

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Okay, so, the other day, my boyfriend had a party for his 18th. Later into the night, it was just us, my sister, my best friend, and his best friend just hanging out and having a few drinks. We planned on playing Truth or Dare, but never did, however my best friend and I promised that we would kiss by the end of the night. Needless to say, we did, several times, and at one point, we even made out for a little bit. Later on, she continuously checked her phone and complained about missing her boyfriend, however we fell asleep with me spooning her.

My best friend and I have quite a bit of history. I'm bisexual, and have been in love with her ever since we become best friends. We've talked about it a few times, and she's admitted that she had feelings for me and wanted to kiss me. But, she stood by the fact that she was straight and was just confused, having 3 boyfriends in the 2 years that we'd been best friends. This caused a bit of a strain on our relationship and we had a few falling outs because of it. Now, I know what you may be thinking, but I have a boyfriend, right? My boyfriend is also bisexual and we are very open about our relationship, and is fine with my feelings towards my best friend.

So, now that you have the basic backstory, I need some advice. We both remember what happened, we weren't that drunk, and we've both wanted to kiss each other for awhile. The alcohol involved was merely a push to help us get started. She messaged me the next day and we talked briefly and there wasn't any awkwardness. But I am desperate to know if her feelings for me have changed and whether or not she regrets it. I'm scared that if I bring it up, it'll cause tension. Should I try and ask her about it, or just let it go?

2. Callie

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    If she felt the same way, would you go for it? Or would you stay with your boyfriend?

3. DaniJ

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    That is a difficult question to answer. I have been with my boyfriend for almost, if not longer than my best friend and I have been friends, and we've been through a lot as well, so of course I wouldn't want to just throw that away. But if she was 100% sure she felt the same, and wanted more, I would definitely consider it.

4. LD579

Well, make sure you're both fair to your boyfriends if anything happens. To be honest, it's not entirely fair to have made out with someone else to either your boyfriend or hers. But... that's been done and has happened, so all you can do now is make sure it doesn't happen again. From a fidelious standpoint, it isn't that fair...

With that said, I wish you the best =) Be careful, though. I think you might have to talk to this girl a bit more to see where she stands, so to speak.

5. The_Poets

US/ Hogwarts/ vacations spent in the tardis
    be careful you wouldnt want her to get mad at you

6. DaniJ

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    To Luthan, yes, I know. As I said in my first post, my boyfriend and I are very open, and we try to tell each other everything. He knows exactly how I feel and I would never just leave him. Thank you for the advice. I think I'm going to try and talk to her and see how things go.