1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Feeling blue

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by BelleLey, Jul 8, 2013.

1. BelleLey

BelleLey Guest

Today is one of those days where you just can't think of anything that is right in your life.
    Last week i had two job interviews, for the same job, and they ended up hiring noone ! So all that stress was for nothing. It's been a year that i dropped university and i still don't have a real job. I worked a little but nothing concret. I don't even want to work because i know that i'm not good at anything.Also i am so scared of doing anything new because i always think that i am not going to suceed. Add to that the questions of my indetermined sexuality and you'll have one big mess ...

2. greatwhale

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Salut BelleLey,

It's good that you are here to tell us what you are going through. I know that times are tough in Europe for young adults, I can't believe what is being done to an entire generation over there. Now here's the thing, it's not your fault...you are in a set of circumstances not of your making.

You will need to find help (as you are reaching out to us), in order to reach out to someone over there, preferably a counsellor and preferably someone who is familiar with LGBT issues.

Here's another interesting fact, most successful people have failed. Again: most successful people have failed...often! Read biographies of people you consider successful, it is eye-opening! I know that in Europe, in France in particular, there is a stigma associated with failure. You need to overcome this and take the chances that make you vulnerable...

And so let me introduce you to Brené Brown. Look her up on YouTube on the power of vulnerability...tu ne seras pas déçue!

3. Paper Crane

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Well, you know what they say about ten thousand hours. If you feel like you aren't good enough, if you spend ten thousand hours doing it you are guaranteed to be a master. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: Not that I'm asking you to spend ten thousand hours on something you don't like, but maybe it will help to think of what things you do like doing or enjoy. I keep telling myself that I should join a club or something, and in my usual manner of giving other people advice that I can't take myself; maybe you would feel better if you found a social group or something that does things that you enjoy. (Personally, I've been trying to get the courage to join a Dungeons and Dragons group because I've always wanted to try it out).

Anyway, I think that was a bit of a tangent there and I didn't really answer your questions. I meant to lead it on to something about failure being a necessary part of success, but I think that's already been mentioned. (Thanks great whale :slight_smile:)

Jobs are really tricky to get. People try to pretend otherwise sometimes, but it's only because they have a job and they've now forgotten. My advice: apply everywhere, all of the things. You just want to get a foot in the door, and your name around. Sometimes you can manage to get a different job, by applying for a different one (happened to me, got called 6 months later by a company after I got rejected for a job) Get a job first, and then spend some time figuring out what you like doing. If you do something you enjoy doing, it's less tedious and you feel more inclined to spend more time doing it. And sometimes, you don't know you'll like something until you try it. I used to say "I'll never work in an office, I would hate it!". But I actually really enjoy it, there are parts of the job I hadn't thought of that I enjoy.

I don't know if that helps at all...

Sexuality is hard too.