1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

is someone REALLY facebook flirting with me? *scared*

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by Maea96, Jul 8, 2013.

1. Maea96

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    So the situation I am in is kind of embarrassing/weird.

I came home from a 2 weeks vacation to Florida today, and during the vacation I had accepted a new friend request from a girl. Let's call her X.

Now, I think I am being flirted with by X , because she mentions several times that I am just adorably cute. And let me just explain to you, my social situation here.

I'm bisexual, but way more into guys, and I find it awkward to establish "such" relationships with girls. My parents know, a few friends, but not my sister and brother. By the way, I've NEVER been flirted with, so I don't know how to deal with this.

I've never met X, we only have one friend in common (who's not a "close-close" friend) but she's the same age and lives around the same area.

It is also awkward because, I am in the coming out process where I wear rainbow bracelets, and I have changed my interests on facebook from "female" to "female and male," I have also liked the LBGT community on facebook. My sister still hasn't noticed, even after all this!

So basicly this confusing post summed up:
    -I am being flirted with and don't know what to do
    -I don't want to jump in any kind of relationship with her because I don't know her, we only have one friend in common and not the same interests.
    -I need advice on wtf I should do, because this is really making me nervous.

Some things she wrote, just in case you need examples:

-You can depend on me at all times, and I hope I can depent on you
    -How come no one has ever said that you are cute? you are suuuuuper adorable!
    -A friend told me I should add you on facebook and "try to get together with you"
    (fyi, she linked this "friend" and I don't know who the hell this dude is)

sorry for the long post.

And now she invited me home to her to watch a horror movie...
    She does not know what emotionally-disturbed mess of a human-being she is trying a move on... this is so embarrassing!

#1 Maea96, Jul 8, 2013
    Last edited: Jul 8, 2013
  2. BudderMC

Say something like "I'm sorry X, maybe I'm interpreting this wrong, but I keep getting vibes that you're interested in me as more than a friend... you're a cool girl, but I'm really not looking for a relationship. Sorry!"

That's it. You don't need to give a massive explanation, this girl is basically a stranger. Straight people don't have to be interested in every girl that comes along, so don't even worry about explaining being bi or whatever. If you're not interested, you're not interested. The only step you have to take is to tell her that.

But the longer you let this go on, the harder it'll be (and probably more awkward) to say that you're not interested. So if you know that now, get it over with sooner rather than later. Don't lead the girl on unintentionally.

3. Maea96

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I will try to the best of my abilities. It's just that I'm a very awkward person to begin with, and I can't resist being anything but nice to people. But I will give it my best shot and see where it goes.

---------- Post added 8th Jul 2013 at 10:45 PM ----------

Okay so this is basicly what I wrote to her, and I'm waiting for a reply:

-But,hey. I need to make something sure here. Are you hitting on me? Because I am not really ready for a relationship and don't think I'm interested. Don't take that badly though, you're probably an awesome person!

Update: she wrote back:

no, not at all. But if we're going to be friends, don't you think we should know more about each other?

I really don't know if I want to be friends with her. I don't know her at all, and don't really feel like it. But I can't just write: sorry I don't like you in an affectionate way, nor do I feel like taking those steps to becoming your friend.

It just seems so rude to me, and is not how I would procress it.

#3 Maea96, Jul 8, 2013
    Last edited: Jul 8, 2013
  4. BudderMC

I'm the same way, and I know it can be hard. But the less firm you are about it now, the more wiggle room she has, especially if you're liable to get guilted into feeling bad for turning her down.

Obviously I'm biased, but I think you could literally copy-paste what I wrote if you wanted.