1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I hate being alone...

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by shamrockmut93, Jul 8, 2013.

1. Title says it all. In an effort to lighten me up, people have told me that I should embrace solitude and that I should enjoy my freedom. I've been doing that for years, and it's getting old. I'm sick of missing out on the good and the bad, I'm ready to have someone in my life.

2. greatwhale

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Good! You now know you're ready!

What specific and concrete steps will you be taking to meet people? I presume you are in New York City?

If you are, there are a few of our Later-in-Life posters who could guide you through that particular gay wonderland...

3. Haha I wish I was in the city. I live upstate... it's not bad, I like the privacy, but my town's as straight as a ruler. You know, rednecks and conservatives and such...

Anyway, I guess I'm just gonna have to wait... I hope I'll find someone at school this year, luckily my college is one of the gayest in the state, but that doesn't necessarily mean that I'll find the right guy. After all, many of the good ones are already taken, you know how that goes.

4. greatwhale

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    If you're in Northern NY you must be relatively close to Montreal. If you ever get the chance you should scoot up north of the border and check out the gayness of our town lol! :grin:

Don't fret, the one you find will be a good one!

5. photoguy93

I won't tell you to enjoy your solitude; just get used to it.

I'm going through the same thing. I have a wonderful family and friends, but it's not like having a significant other. So honestly...just get used to it. I am not sure how that happens, but it does.

I will admit that I recently joined a dating/hookup site. I was excited because I finally thought I'd find SOMETHING.

Hah. I was wrong. There's either creepers or losers or just...nothing. I realized I didn't want it to be like that, so instead of looking for more, I really decided to just do my thing. Hopefully, our time will come. Don't push yourself.

6. Amerigo

i'm at the same stage as you, next year i'm moving out for university and please god let me find someone! anyone!

7. I certainly hope so, thanks for the good vibes anyway :slight_smile: and I most certainly will be going to Montreal, hopefully in September, but it'll only be for a weekend.

And Photoguy, I know what you mean. I don't even bother looking because that'll only result in more disappointment, the only people I'd find around here would be desperate old men looking for some fresh, barely legal boys to play with. And yeah, dating sites are just sketchy...

8. robotman

You are the same age as me and I feel the exact same way, I feel so lonely, but I don't even know how/where to start meeting people... If only you lived in London lol. I hope you find someone man.

9. Byron

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I would love to be in a relationship myself,but I feel that I am not ready for one. That sucks. I've learned to live without. Although if an oppertunity presents itself I won't hesitate to take it. If I do ever find someone, It will probably be by chance though. I'm not the type of person to go dating.

10. Apollo4800

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I hear you, as I feel that same way, but patience is the key. Finding someone good is hard work and sometimes, you've just got to wait and let it happen.

11. Youngayjames

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I know exactly how you feel. I'm the only gay guy I know... I hate not knowing anyone that knows how I feel. I do have a friend but she's a girl, doesn't know I'm gay though, no one does though.

12. Dublin Boy

Dublin Boy Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Reading this Thread as made me want a Man even more, "I NEED A RELATIONSHIP" I need stability & someone to Love & Visa Versa :slight_smile:

13. MichaelB

Tossing my hat into this ring, haha.

I've been single since, well, pretty much forever (minus one or two girlfriends). I never used to mind because I am abit of a loner by nature, but since all my friends have now got girl/boyfriends, it's made me be abit like o_o.

But again, like you OP, I don't live in a city where there are a lot of gay guys so. Life sucks until I go to uni! xD (going to uni in Brighton, the gay capital of the UK. woo)

or till I find a girlfriend, but I seem to be ridiculously picky about girls and truthfully I want to experience the gay side of me :confused:

14. gavguy

gavguy Guest

I couldn't agree more, having a relationship would be fantastic

15. Sardonic

[YOUTUBE=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kOElUQjADbo]Beach Boys-Wouldn't It Be Nice lyrics - YouTube[/YOUTUBE]

16. RoyalRed

RoyalRed Guest

Out Status:
    A few people
    I would have to be honest you kinda gotta wait for love to come to you as much as it sucks i mean you cant force it. but try meeting people :slight_smile: just get to know them.

17. Aw... same right back at ya! You'll find someone though, London's a big place. Not to mention, English guys are adorable lol I had a layover at Heathrow once, most of the guys in the waiting area were cute as hell.

18. leer

come on guys your making me all depressed now. of course theirs someone out there for everyone just when you least expect it BAM it happens. in the mean time live a little enjoy life .

19. gavguy

gavguy Guest

I have felt lonely for a long time and it was really getting to me but I decided that I would join a local gay group and find friendship that way.
    It was hard saying I would go because I am quite shy and I am going to the meeting for the first time tonight (I AM SO NERVOUS)
    If I can make the move then anybody can !

20. leer

just be yourself Gavin I bet most of the people are feeling the same as you .:eusa_clap