1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I need to stop reading stories in bed

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by danbyization171, Jul 8, 2013.

1. danbyization171

Over the last few weeks I have always been reading some gay erotic stories in bed on my iPod. I love these stories there just so amazing and sometimes if I get to the end of one chapter I will go straight onto the text until it gets to like 1 in the morning and I'm literally falling asleep whilst reading and it is like 1 or 2 in the morning. By the way I have to get up at half 6 in the morning for work.

So a few days ago I told myself that I need to stop reading these stories when in bed but that has failed miserably lol. Anybody got any ideas how I can stop myself????

2. LaplaceScramble

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    It is generally advise that the only thing you do in bed is sleep (and occasionally have sex). When you do something in bed (like read) it sets the precedent that when you are in bed you don't need to go to sleep, making it more difficult to actually sleep. By you reading in bed it's somewhat of a perpetual cycle in which you are reinforcing your subconscious belief that you don't need to sleep when you are in bed. Try reading somewhere else and leaving your iPod there, this way when you go t o bed, you will actually be able to sleep, instead of having your body/mind/whatever tell you that you don't need to.

3. danbyization171

Wouldn't sex have the same effect though??

4. LaplaceScramble

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    It would, which is why it should only be sleep and sex. This way instead of having all these things you associate with being in bed and being awake, you only have one. And sex, unlike reading, is something done with a partner(s) so, if you live alone, and therefore are in bed by yourself, it shouldn't be that big of a problem.

5. TraceElement

I have 2 suggestions. One is set a time earlier in the night to read. The other is to not let your iPod come in the bedroom.

6. GayTeen

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Good, I'm not the only one who has done this...