1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Please can someone advise :(

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by Camisado, Jul 9, 2013.

1. Camisado

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    hi..well I'm new here. I just feel like I can't cope and I don't know who I am are what I am. I think I'm in love with my best friend Jasmine - I'm also a girl and thats fine I could see us dating possibly- even know my parents and sis would hate it but thats not completely important. Its just an ex of hers - a guy 10yrs older, she keeps breaking up and getting back together with him but she doesnt like him and hes so ridiculously immature! she doesnt really like him she says so, but then she gets all lonely and says she wants to be back in his arms and things.. But when they're broken up she turns like full lesbiany and flirts with me so much! I'm pretty sure shes the one that turned me. The thing is this on and off thing is killing me - I know thats melodramatic but I really don't know where I stand and I sit right next to her and crush on her so much :/
    The other thing is how can I be sure I'm even bi? I've never dated anyone which is kind of embarassing at my age- 17 today. Shes the only person I feel comfortable around properly - I've had lots of problems and she gets it. Its just I'm constantly getting told about her and him and trying to advise, and now I'm just becoming angry with it and sad too. And I'm scared what if we fall out and I have noone or things arent the same? And we kind of joked about dating and she said unfortunately shes not single- she wasnt at the time, but I guess its not a definite no? She works with him and is best friends with his housemate so always sees him and him being upset makes her feel guilty. I honestly don't know what to do after the joke dating convo it was awkward for a while so I don't really want to tell her I like her. Its just hes so bad for her...and I think I really love her :/

2. Link72

Out Status:
    All but family
    Well saying something like this to your best friend depends a lot on personality and I don't know yours so I'll basically give you five ideas and you can see if they help

1) Be straightforward with her... I recently realized I was gay and all I said to my friends was I am gay and they were pretty quick to accept me... I thik this will be good for.your friend because she seems pretty open to the idea of lesbianism

2)Make her jealous... now this is the melodramatic teenage girl in me but you can always find somebody else to date... not only will it tell her (show her really) that you're gay, but it'll give you a.way to gauge how jealous she is and get an idea of whether or not she likes you

3) Kiss her you fool! (Movie pun intended)... as a gay guy I find this the cutest most roantic way to tell someone and based on what you've told me about her I think she may kiss you back

4) Rig the game... this one is a little sneaky, but whenever she's talking about that guy after a break up make sure to pile on on top of ALL of his bad qualities... if you pair this one with one of the first three it can end up being pretty succesful

5) Just ask her out... this one is fairly self explanatory

I know how it feels to be confused and although my life is changing (nightmares, mocking, destroted friendships) but I feel like I've been living a lie all my life and I'm just now telling myself the truth. Another thing that helped me was every time I felt insecure or betrayed I would imagine being in the arms of the guy I was crushing on and I would keep on going... I'm okay with my friends knowing but my parents are constantly calling me a dissapointment and I never want to come out to them... just remeber you are not alone and you have this amazing forum to help if you ever do feel lonely. I hope I helped:slight_smile:

#2 Link72, Jul 9, 2013
    Last edited: Jul 9, 2013
  3. Link72

Out Status:
    All but family
    i thought of a few extra options

1b) this goes along with the first one-if you're going to be straightforwrd then place an ultimatum once you tell her- something like " do you like me or him"... sometimes when you verbalize your feelings you both feel better

4b) be really supportive when she talks about a break up and try to get into hand holdin/ hugging/ kissing situations

6) When she flirts... flirt with her!...if she's sending you messages and you're not responding she may become discouraged and become distanced from you.

7) I only include this one for the sake of being thorough... If you ever find yourself in a situation that involves drinking either get or pretend to be drunk and kiss her... this way if she doesn't like it you can blame it on the alcohol

if you pick 3 i will totally squeal like a little girl out of pure romance <3

remember.. you never HAVE to tell your parents or your sister and you may feel better neevr telling them... and if you're crushing on a girl and questioning yourself... trust your instincts! you're probably gay.

4. rena

3 works, iv been in a very similar situation and the best thing is, if it dosent work you still get to have kissed the person you like ^^^"Link72" gives great advice!

5. Camisado

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Thanks Link72 that was amazing amazing advice! :slight_smile: well its my party on Thursday with drinks included so guess I could give it a go :wink: I'm definitely gonna bear that all in mind :slight_smile: and I've been getting closer and closer like I accidently fell asleep on her shoulder on the coach XD and she was lying against my knees and things so not a problem there *insert girly screaming here!* and yeah I've tried to flirt back too- the best I can :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: I'm just sick of her changing her mind all the time! I didn't think it would affect me so much. Plus she cheated on him a while back anyway so its hardly the most commited relationship.. its just annoying and upsetting at the same time but I'm gonna try not to be so affected if I can :slight_smile: anyway cheers again! <3

---------- Post added 9th Jul 2013 at 12:42 PM ----------

and that is a good point rena! even if it doesn't work out it can still class as experiences/ experimenting! :slight_smile:

6. Link72

Out Status:
    All but family
    Oh my god it's so romantic!!!!! *cue squeal* I'm so glad i could help!!!!!!:icon_bigg:icon_bigg:icon_bigg <3 <3 <3

7. Link72

Out Status:
    All but family
    Hope you don't mind me asking... but how'd the party go?