1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I'm crazy about him. I don't think it's love?

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by PillsHere, Jul 9, 2013.

1. PillsHere

I mean, it can't be? I don't even know him that well. We used to talk a lot and stuff, but it was the most random obscure crap, nothing meaningful. I don't even know what he necessarily likes aside from the obvious. We're basically on-and-off friends. We never really hang out or anything for extended periods of times. But for some reason I just feel so strongly for him, I don't know if I'm infatuated or what. I think about him constantly, and I'm extremely jealous/protective of him. Like, lately he's been hitting on this girl, and vice versa. And quite honestly, I want to splash sulfuric acid in her face, yet I don't. She's a nice girl, it seems, it's just when they get all cutesy with eachother I feel sick to my stomach and wanna rip my hair out. I'd never interfere with his life, I want him to be happy but it's just so fucking heartwrenching.

I feel like I'm being obsessive. I don't know what to do. I watched the Les Miserables film the other day and I could not stop thinking about him and constantly cried when any mention of unrequited love came up. I seriously don't know what it is about him that I'm so crazy about? In all honesty, and no offense to him, but if you passed him by in a crowd you wouldn't stop and think "Oh he's attractive." But I think he's like the most attractive person in the world right now. Whenever he treats me even remotely nice/cutesy I feel so damn happy smiley.

I'm pretty certain he doesn't feel the same, I know he's attracted to be but nothing more than that. It just flipping sucks. Help?

2. You're jealous, and you're infatuated with him. From the clues you've given, it sounds like he's bisexual. This probably isn't love, so snap out of it. You're rational enough to realize it yourself.

But if you're willing to explore it, then confess to him. It will get the crazy out of your mind, at the expense of good or bad outcomes. What kind of attraction exactly does he have for you? Does he know how you feel about him? If you're close enough to him (or maybe far enough) and trust him, then tell him you have strong feelings for him. If he doesn't like you back, and he's close enough (i.e. good enough friends), he will understand your feelings. In this way at least you've expressed your feelings, and hopefully a rejection will help put you on the track of recovery. If he's far enough (i.e. more on the side of off in on-and-off friends) then you haven't lost a good friend, but you have lost a love interest, which would help snap you into reality.

Are you a chemist? So specific with H2SO4.