1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Emotionally Fragile

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by Holly, Jul 11, 2013.

1. Holly

It's been a busy few weeks, and I kinda feel like I'm losing it. I feel completely unmotivated when it comes to school work, and I feel very separated from my friends. I'm generally a rather emotional person, but right now I feel like anything can set me off crying and I go into a depressive state. It doesn't help that my mum just says 'oh god, you're in a horrible mood again' and does nothing to try help me. Normally, she's very supportive.

Just, does anyone have any tips for sorting out your emotions? I feel all over the place, like I can't keep them in check, and I feel so down about myself all the time...

2. rjrh20

Try to do things that you really like. If you don't have anything you really lik, watch something happy like a funny movie or just a good movie or show. Hope this helps!!!

3. Split Arrows

I usually go to the gym when the depression gets really bad, it let's me focus on something completely interpreted to the matter at hand. Plus the serotonin/dopamine response helps to elevate my mood after a workout

4. TheMightyBoosh

(*hug*) I am feeling the same way, I am quite an emotional person too. :eusa_doh:

Hey if you want you can always talk to me, I can try cheer you up :rolle: I hope that doesn't sound too creepy cause I just know how you feel and want to help.

Watching funny videos nearly always puts a smile on my face especially cute animal video's.

Remember though it's okay to cry, if you have emotions they need to be let out, weather that is happiness, sadness, anger ect

Keeping emotions on the inside and repressing emotions can have negative effects on the body and mind. Write down how you feel and get it on paper, you don't have to keep the paper but I find this technique helps me quite a bit.

Meditation or relaxation

Listen to your favorite songs

Remind yourself of positive thing's you have achieved and remind yourself you can do anything, self motivate

Expression, well do you paint? draw? try using that as an expression, put down your thoughts, feelings into a picture. I do quite a bit of art and find it helpful.

I hope I have somewhat helped in anyway

[​IMG]

5. Link72

Out Status:
    All but family
    I'm really lucky to have the best friends ever and right after I came out I would feel really depressed so every single time I felt any emotions... happiness ,depression, self loathing or even crushing on a cute guy I would talk to them and they would put up with me :slight_smile:... after I came out to them almost all of my guy friends kinda distanced themselves from me and I really just made new friends... my girlfriends introduced me to their friends and I had this amazing group of supportive people to talk to... now I'm back to my drama queen super happy self... try to meet some new people to talk to... the only great thing that coming out brought me was that it helped me realize who my real friends are. I hope I helped :slight_smile: