1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Why does my life & some others lives suck so bad yet we honestly didnt do anything?

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by TyTy91, Jul 12, 2013.

1. TyTy91

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Im trying not to cry so hard, right now but I cant help it, why am I here on this earth? I would totally be in peace if I was never born in the first place!
    Im gay I was raised a jehovahs witness my parents are devout Im not, due to the life that im living, I have no friends I dont have anyone really. I dont get along with my parents even though I live with them being in prison for 22 years in this household not being myself (Im 22 btw). I saved enough money but most people would say stay with my parents which they dont know what the hell I have to go through.

It sucks because most people my age moved out of their parents house and live completely in their own place or live with a roommate and I dont know how they can afford it and I cant.

Im sooooo desparate to get out of this house and trying to find money that ill do anything even go go dance even though I dont have the self esteem for that nor the body type.

Im feeling like Im about to have a mental breakdown and I wont see my psychiatrist in a few weeks, I dont know what to do with my life/ career really like that I want to be in the TV/Film industry but thats unrealistic to be honest I dont have any talent on account of I wasnt allowed to participate in any school events or activities cause my parents religion. My mental/emotional health sucks with my anxiety and ADD and financially I really dont have the money to support myself permanently my money in my savings will only last me a few months.

Im not a genius that goes to good college I went to back to college 2 times and its just not for me and Im working a cashier job earning $9 an hour. I dont know what to do I would try to look for a work as a receptionist that would pay more then what im earning right now at a grocery store but looking for a job SOOO tough and depressing.

Why does my life and some other people life suck so bad and yet we honestly didnt do anything to deserve it?:bang:

2. Zam

Zam

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Re: Why does my life & some others lives suck so bad yet we honestly didnt do anythin

Just stand on a chair,breathe deep,and Just tell to yourself that things will become better.Some people are 30 and live with their parents.You do not desrve any of this.I think its kind of a life test.

3. AKTodd

Re: Why does my life & some others lives suck so bad yet we honestly didnt do anythin

Hey guy,

Life...just happens really. Sometimes good stuff, sometimes bad.

Not to one up you in the crappy life dept, but this was mine for a while:

http://emptyclosets.com/forum/chit-chat/89123-how-close-you-your-family.html

I'm post #18

It wasn't fun, but it got better, mainly because I worked hard to make it better. I know you can too.

Regarding some of your specific points...

Don't worry about what most people would say. You need to get out and not live with your parents. If that involves moving several time zones away that may only be a good thing. If your parents will not be supportive of who and what you are, it may be necessary to create your life without them.

Re religion, maybe talk to a counselor or pastor from a gay friendly denomination. The Unitarian Universalists and the Episcopalians both have a reputation for being gay friendly. I realize changing your faith is not as easy as changing your brand of toothpaste (am atheist, but have religious friends), but if faith is important in your life maybe consider some interpretations of scripture other than what you were raised with.

Re moving out, sometimes you can find a good living situation near a university with several roommates for not a lot of money. I had as many as five roommates in a house and it was actually pretty nice. There are orgs that place roommates together or rent to international and US students together or other things. You might end up not spending much and living in a nicer place than you could afford with one roommate.

Along with checking out some different churches, maybe look into your local LGBT support group or community center or PFLAG chapter. Also any LGBT Meetup groups in your area. They can provide support, let you meet people like you, and maybe even make some friends. Maybe even someone who will turn into more than a friend.

Note that both churches and support groups might have resources that could help you find a new living situation.

Re TV and Film, my partner works in the industry from time to time doing carpentry, paint, or set dressing. The main thing to remember is that the folks you see on the screen are like the dusting of powdered sugar on the top of a thick cake. Look at the credits when a movie ends and you will see that a small army worked on making it, not just the actors. There are also a ton of small studios out there doing everything from TV commercials to shows for cable. Some states are also more into this than others and do a lot of tax incentives to get films to come in or studios to set up shop. There is also union involvement in a lot of places to some degree. In my partners experience, it's a business with a lot of hardworking professional people and there's a strong sense of teamwork. Bottom line, if you want to get into it, you probably can, even if you aren't acting. Do some research online, find and talk to a union rep, etc. if you want, ping me on my wall and I can talk to my partner and see what other advice and info we can get to you.

Gotta run, so here's a final thought (for now anyway): you've been strong enough to survive your family for this long. You're damn well strong enough to go out there and build a good life for yourself and maybe even make some dreams come true. Don't let your family get you down, if they won't support the person you are, they don't deserve you. And everyone here at EC has got your back.

Hang in there, it does get better. You can make it better:thumbsup:

Best

Todd

4. myheartincheck

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people

Solomon said that we should cry when someone is born and rejoice when they die.

I also stay with my parents, and I know the frustrations of not being independent but not in a prison as you stated. Honestly most of what we experience in this life is attitude rather than what happens to us, but sometimes it's hard to get out of a rut.

I encourage you to focus on achieving your future goals and know this too shall pass. Sometimes just having a goal can help get you out of a slump. :slight_smile:

5. srslywtf

:thumbsup:

People afford to move out by getting a job that pays the bills. People get better jobs either by finding one or skilling up so they can find one.

Take practical steps towards your goal. I know its hard to stay focused/motivated when youre depressed, but always keep the big picture in mind. Action is how things change.