1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How do u become the fastest and smartest person in ur field of work?

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by Unsurevirgin, Jul 12, 2013.

1. Unsurevirgin

Unsurevirgin Guest

Hey I'm feeling soo down ,I'm trying to apply for Olive Garden to be a pastry chef but I fear I might be slow . Also they need fast ppl in the field I really wanna be fast and quick on my feet . How do I do that ? I hate being a turtle

2. LinkLarkin

I'm sure this isn't what you want to hear... but practice and/or experience are the only surefire ways! You may be able to get yourself up to speed just by baking some things in your own kitchen, but to get proper on the job experience it might be worth applying somewhere first that's a little less fast paced and then work your way up.

3. BradThePug

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    You practice. A lot. You also have to push yourself. If you just keep doing things the same speed, then you can never learn how to do it faster. You cannot learn things overnight. It takes dedication and hard work.

4. Unsurevirgin

Unsurevirgin Guest

Lik what ?

5. Argentwing

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Publix Bakery? Usually the customer isn't waiting right there for you to finish, and you've got to work in order to get better at working.

6. HeyAshley

paying attention to detail & not dicking around.
    practice makes perfect.

7. Argentwing

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    That occurred to me way too late. >.< But I guess Wal-Mart's is sort of similar.

8. Unsurevirgin

Unsurevirgin Guest

Yea I guess

---------- Post added 12th Jul 2013 at 10:06 PM ----------

And where do I practice alot ?

9. drwinchester

drwinchester Guest

While chances are, you're not working with an industry level kitchen, practicing at home might be a good place to start. If at all possible, see if you can find a culinary arts textbook. Might be able to find one used. It'll be a good place to start for getting an idea of what techniques you'll be expected to learn at the industry level. I'll pull up recommendations later, don't have my cookbook collection handy.

10. Z3ni

Z3ni Guest

Don't you need to take a course to be a chef??

11. drwinchester

drwinchester Guest

Not always. Some chefs pursue culinary degrees but it's possible to work an entry level job (for instance, dishwashing), and move up the ranks, potentially apprenticing under another chef if so chosen.

12. Unsurevirgin

Unsurevirgin Guest

Thank you for the wonderful suggestions :slight_smile: