1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help- Not sure where to post

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by IntoTheBlue, Jul 14, 2013.

1. IntoTheBlue

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Hi, I'm sure there are some other posts like this, so I apologize for any repetitiveness. I'm 24 years old and I think I may be a lesbian. Actually, I'm pretty positive and have been for a while now. The problem is that I don't want to come out until I'm sure, and I've never been in a relationship with a women. I'm from a small town and I've never even met another gay person. I feel so isolated. I've always been infatuated with women, but I've only had relationships with men because that's all I've known... Now I'd like to explore my feelings further, but I'm not sure how to take the plunge. I guess the bottom line is that I'm concerned that I'm going to be really inexperienced for my age and I'm afraid that people are going to dismiss me or cast me out because of it. Does anyone have any advice? I could really use some help. Thanks!

2. srslywtf

Hey, I know that feeling :slight_smile:

However, I don't think people will act that way at all!

Also, it may seem like most people figure their shit out at a younger age, but since joining up here I've noticed there are certainly plenty like us around in our 20s who are just coming to terms with it all..

Now maybe I'm biased because people actually perceive me as being much younger than I am (so I'm not worried about people thinking I'm inexperienced for my age).. but I genuinely dont think it's going to be an issue for 99% of people.