1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My parents are trying to set me up with girls?

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by vhrebels, Jul 14, 2013.

1. vhrebels

vhrebels Guest

Hey :slight_smile:. So recently, my parents have been trying to set me up with several girls from my church. They always talk about how girls think I'm cute, and it's getting to the point where I have no idea what to do. My mom is literally obsessing over me finding a girlfriend. I don't really want one, and they are desperately trying to set me up with chicks, and it is kind of troubling me, because I'm actually dating a guy right now, and they don't know I am. They don't even know that I'm gay. So, what should I do about this? I don't really want to come out to them, because they are fairly conservative and have made some anti-gay comments in the past. It's depressing me how much I would disappoint them if they found out I'm in a relationship with another guy. And I don't want to break up with him, because I really like him.

2. BiPenguin

I really don't know what you can do but ask them not to set you up with anyone. Say you aren't interested in having a relationship. That was my excuse for not being seen with girls in my teens.

3. HeyAshley

you can either be honest or tell them that you'd rather find someone on your own and explain that you don't like the awkwardness of being set up.

4. mpl

mpl

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    You can tell them that you want to focus on school, and you`re not interested in girls right now. Alternately, if that isn't enough to keep them from asking, you can tell them you haven't really met the right girl yet, but you'll definitely tell them when you do.
    And if you're really worried about their reaction you should definitely wait until you're more independent.

#4 mpl, Jul 15, 2013
    Last edited: Jul 15, 2013