1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

jealous of best friend's love interest?? could I be crushing??

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by solitudeisbliss, Jul 15, 2013.

1. solitudeisbliss

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    My best friend (18/f/hetero) has recently started talking to this boy who she is unsure if she should pursue as he is only 16. When she comes to me for advice I get really jealous and p!zzd off. I don't like hearing about him, I don't like knowing she's talking to him or spending time with him. I almost always feel this way when she hangs around with boys or has boys interested in her. I'm not jealous because I want a boyfriend/ relationship, I'm jealous because I don't want her spending time with someone else.
    We have been friends since we were 13, and when I first started getting to know her I thought I was in love with her, even though there was no sexual desire. I am very protective of her and I love her more than anyone else in the world. We are extremely close and everyone recognizes us for always being together. Sometimes when she sleeps over in my bed I get this desire to kiss her, but I don't know if it was just because I felt like kissing someone or if I actually wanted to kiss her.
    Sometimes she says "we'd make such a cute lesbian couple!" and it makes me probably happier than it would if she was just a friend. I'm confused.

2. HeyAshley

if she's straight, leave her be.

3. silverhalo

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I think it definitely sounds like you could be crushing on her, but I agree that if she is straight you should tred very carefully.