1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I thought I was done with this.

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by john1b1, Jul 17, 2013.

1. john1b1

john1b1 Guest

I thought I had moved on. I thought I was healthier. I haven't cut in three years, I haven't felt the need for a long time. But then tonight for whatever reason I just found myself running a knife over my skin and wanting so badly to break through it. I couldn't take it. I thought i had beat the depression, and the self harm, but apparently not. I guess people don't change.

2. derrik

John Fortunately for you - your in a city plenty of resources. Cutting is complex to understand and it is pointless to try to figure out on your own.

Reach out in the community (school, GLBT center, hotline) and find people that have been there in your place.

You don't have to deal with this alone

3. TGgamer

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    There is no reason out there that you should feel that way. My friend went through the same thing and every time he got his hands on a blade, I would throw it away.

4. People can change, I know people who used to cut but they don't do it anymore. Please talk to someone about this, no one deserves to feel the need to harm themselves. In the mean time, take it easy, take a few deep breaths, and try as hard as you can to focus on the positive. If you've already gone this far without feeling the need to cut, then you're still better off than you used to be, even if you've fallen back a bit. Best wishes.

5. whyme10

Yes please talk to someone. Do you see a therapist? We are all of value. We are all important to others. Please don't hurt yourself you are important . WWhyme10:kiss:

6. worriedWardrobe

I used to cut myself as well, and still struggle with it sometimes. I find myself thinking about it quite frequently, but I think it's important to remember that no one, not even you, really want to see you do that to yourself.

I wish you the best of luck, and you're welcome to message me if you ever want to talk to someone about it, or anything else