1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Finding a boyfriend in Gold Coast, Australia?

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by knightwing, Jul 18, 2013.

1. knightwing

Does anyone know how to find a bf - particularly in Gold Coast, Australia?
    There are like NO gay guys at my school and even if there are I'm pretty sure they wont be coming out anytime soon.
    So do any of you know any ways, methods, places, websites even? idk anything really that you think might help

I suppose im really looking for other gay kids in GC, and then hopefully finding a bf out of them

thank you :slight_smile:

2. Aussie792

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    That might be a little difficult in Queensland. I'd wait until it occurs naturally, and you get feelings for a guy. Searching for a boyfriend might not end you with the best guy around. There are quite a lot of youth groups that are likely to have gay guys in them.

3. knightwing

I understand what you're saying, but if I wait til it occurs 'naturally' then I could be waiting forever #FearOfBeingAlone

Arent youth groups usually Christian faith based?

4. srslywtf

Alot are.. not all. I dunno if I would recommend that. It's not a bad idea, but its not for everyone. they tend to attract a certain kind of person.

What happened to that german guy on here who said he was moving to the gold coast? :lol:

5. BudderMC

Well, network. Does your school have an LGBT group? Is there one in your city (or neighbouring cities)?

6. Snorlax

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    It's a bit difficult because you're only 16, so you are mostly confined to your school and family. Down at Melbourne there is a group that organises gay formals for high school students annually, plus social events/gatherings every few weeks. Why don't you try to do a search and see if there is something similar at the Gold Coast. Also, there is an Australian gay social network/forum that you can check out, which should have more information specific to your area. I'm not sure whether I can post links here or not, but it is the largest one in Australia so shouldn't be too difficult to find.

#6 Snorlax, Jul 19, 2013
    Last edited: Jul 19, 2013
  7. photoguy93

I'm not familiar with your area, but something I try to tell everyone in this scenario is.... work on being okay with not having someone. I've been in the same boat as you for about....ohhh, gosh, 5 plus years. It hasn't really changed and it probably won't change. I've realized that I have to be okay with it. No matter how much I really don't want to, I have to.
    At your age, networking might work but you'll end up finding a lot of "gaybutIdon'twanttoadmititorI'mtoobusyfindingnarnia" people. I can't begin to tell you how many guys were "not gay" back when I was your age and even when I'd ask people...they would be shocked I thought that. And guess what? They are as gay as can be today.

So, honestly....just work on yourself. It will all be okay.

8. NightWolf

NightWolf Guest

Hey, im from the GC too :slight_smile:
    Maybe we can chat sometime