1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

anybody relate to this or know what i am talking about???!

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by MathMan, Jul 20, 2013.

1. MathMan

i'm just feeling kinda crappy right now. I've been living in asheville for a year now and tonight was the first time i went out with a buddy and his girlfriend to the orange peel. it was a fun experience and i need to do stuff like that more.

anyways, we were on the patio while they took a smoke break and a guy walked over and the he mentioned gay men negatively, and my buddy's girlfriend mentioned the fact that i live far away from downtown asheville, which is about 12 miles( i just moved outside of town recently) saying what if i met a girl and wanted to hook up, that we would have to drive forever.

i honestly couldn't believe that guy said what he said and i also for some reason didn't like when my buddy's girlfriend mentioned "getting with a girl", instead of "getting with someone".

honestly, i understand how the 2nd part seems crazy to feel upset or down about, but i dunno. when she said that and assumed i am straight, it made me feel like she woudn't beleive that i was gay if i told her...i know that sounds kinda crazy as well, but it's how i feel right now...i'm about tired of being in the closet and not knowing any gay people or anything.....anybody understand what i am talking about?

2. srslywtf

I know about not knowing any gay people... But the other part not so much.

I imagine it's just because where you are it is a little more uncommon for someone to be gay (or at least openly..) Mind you, everyone always assumed I was straight (and still mostly do). So I guess I can relate on some level..

I say stand up for yourself (and all the rest of us)... I'm not actively telling people I'm gay, but if something like that came up, I would say something.