1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Boarding School.

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by DDD11, Jul 22, 2013.

1. DDD11

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Hey
    I hopefully will be going to a boarding school for next year. I'm trans. Should I go as my bio gender, erugh. Or should I enrol as the gender that suits me better. I reckon with a few ammendments I could pass as the sex I belive I am. But it'll get a bit sticky regarding stuff like sports. And the fact that I have to share a room with somebody. They might not b too comfortable with that. My name is legally changed ...just about. It will be finished and legal I enrol, so that won't give me away. I'm just not sure how to go about this. I really dont wanna go as bio sex. One of the schools hasn't got a uniform so its not so bad, but the other has completely different uniforms for guys and girls.
    What do U guys think. I've heard trans people doing it before. This ftm managed to go to an all-Boys boarding school in London. And not only survived, they thrived! Nobody ever questioned what he had in his pants and he didn't pass all the time. And then ive heard horror stories about ppl attempting it and it going horrendously wrong and they've ended up kicked out of the school and stuff!
    Seriously not sure what to do.
    :/

2. Boyfriend

Boyfriend Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    The most important thing is that you are comfortable with yourself, no matter what you choose. Otherwise people will sniff you out immediately.
    What are you in your day to day life?
    In other words, go as what you are now, what you are comfortable with.

You could actually have a talk with the head of the school first, so they can´t send you away when they find out cause they knew...

But whatever, don´t change at the moment you go to that school, that won´t work, I would think.

But I´m not trans, it is just what comes to my mind.

3. DDD11

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Cheers. It depends where I am. Wen I'm at my dad im mostly known as a guy. Wen im at my mums im known more as female. I can pass as both but...

4. Goodnyte

First of all, make sure the schools have a policy on LGBT discrimination and such. Just see their view point. That is just a safety thing. Then, talk to the headmaster and tell him/her than you are trans. Then you should be able to enroll as the sex you say you are. Even if you don't talk to the headmaster, if they have a policy then you should be fine with enrolling as the sex you say you are.

I'm not sure. I'm not trans and I'm not familiar with these types of things. I hope it works out. Don't hide who you are.

5. DDD11

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Ok thanks. I think I'll have a word with the boarding school staff as that would probably be the more stickier of the situation alongside sports.

6. Boyfriend

Boyfriend Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Well, you seem comfortable with both sexes, but you literally said you don´t want to go as your bio sex. Then don´t do that, but yes, do have a talk with the staff about it.

Good luck and keep us updated.

7. DDD11

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Yeah I'm gonna try and talk to the staff about it. That seems to be the wisest descision im just scared they won't accomadate me or bully me or summat! :/ id rather ppl didn't know so that they can't use it against me, but if i attempt to do that then no doubt ill probably get found out or summat O.O

8. DDD11

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Well I told the staff. They are looking at it and should be in touch. They can't deny me a place coz that's descrimnation and they can be taken to court but if they can't work something out then im screwed and I really wanna go to this school. Kinda wish I hadn't said anything :frowning2: I dont like being turned down. It took so long to found out they had places and now I feel like ive forfeited mine. :frowning2: oww gawd.

9. 16teenhelp

Hey, I'm 16 and I go to an all boys boarding school. I'm gay, but I'm teriffied of coming out in my situation. I really want to come out because I'm ready and wanting to. I just need some advice on what I need to do to come out.

10. flymetothemoon

How did it go? Any updates?