1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I might move to Austin Texas

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by memyself, Jul 22, 2013.

1. memyself

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    So it looks like there were one or two threads here on EC about this before, but they were from about a year ago.

I might move to Austin Texas and try to get a video game development job there. I have a friend I could live with and it would be a really big step in career.

I'm worried about Austin being homophobic. From what I've googled, it sounds like Austin is very gay friendly, but anywhere outside of Austin isn't?

Has anyone here on EC lived there recently?

Later down the road I might live there alone if my friend moves. I don't want to get stuck in a situation where I become the gay outcast, especially in the workplace.

If I do land any interviews with any game companies in Austin, should I ask them at the end of the interview is their office is accepting of homosexuals?

I also found this website which makes Austin sound very awesome, but I'd rather hear from actual unbiased people who lived there what they think. Gay in Austin | A Relocation Guide for Gay People Moving to Austin, TX

Thanks in advanced :slight_smile:

2. Rolando4

I haven't lived there, or even visited. But I always hear how liberal and open minded it is, especially compared to Texas as a whole. I'd say go for it! :grin: