1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My sister is stealing my style and pissing me off!!!

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by alwaysdreaming, Jul 22, 2013.

1. alwaysdreaming

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Okay, so I love BVB, SWS, PTV, ETF, FOB, etc. And my sister has always hated them, and used to call me "screamo goth" for listening to them. Well a few days ago, I was watching a BVB video in my room. And well at first she said "OMG It's SWS I love them!" And I said "actually, It's Bvb. And I thought you hated them." And she said "omg no I love them! In fact tomorrow I'm gonna go buy a BVB T-shirt from Hot Topic! And she's totally changed. She blasts "In The End" by BVB from her room and yells "I LOVE BEING GOTH ISN'T IT COOL?" And yesterday she cut her hair and dyed it all blue. And I'm usually not the kind of person that gets all bitchy when someone likes the same band as me. But this isn't her. She's a bright bubbly energetic One Direction/JB fan that wears bright neon shirts that say "Ain't nobody got time for that!" She's trying to be me and honestly its annoying the living fuck out of me. She's trying to act like she's known and loved the bands for way longer than I have, and she still calls it SCREAMO GOTH! She doesn't appreciate or understand the music and OMFG. I'm not trying to be a bitch but MAKE IT STOP!!

2. catatonie

your only option is to change your "style".

3. alwaysdreaming

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Well but I can't exactly change my whole lifestyle because my sister can't find her own. I have friends that I've met because of these bands and I dont exactly want to turn into a different person...

4. LD579

Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery... or so they say.

5. catatonie

Well, I guess you'll have to accept that your sister is growing up too, and expanding her "tastes". I'm sure you weren't screamo goff from the day you were born either. It's part of growing up. She also probably looks up to you or something, and I'm sure you play your music outloud, so you're partly to blame for her being influenced by it.

Being an older sibling and trying to have your own identity sucks sometimes but you both will grow out of it anyway, why make trouble over nothing?

6. HeyAshley

maybe she looks up to you? considering you're siblings, maybe she likes the music now since she has been around it so much? or maybe she's just growing up and starting to like different things? or maybe it's a phase? i used to HATE rap music but since i go to bars and clubs regularly, i actually like a lot of rap music now. but i definitely don't change my style to gangster or any of the sort. then again, i am 21 and i've pretty much defined who i am and what i like. i couldn't help but notice that you're 13 so i assume your sister is a couple years of you? kids that age change their mind about things on a daily basis, i wouldn't be too worked up about it.

but on another note, i have a friend that tries to like and enjoy everything that i like. and it drives me nuts. so i just stopped bonding with her when it came to my hobbies and i stopped having conversations with her about things that i like and completely ignored her comments when she tried to bring up the conversation. after a couple weeks, she went back to her own swag. maybe you could try that approach. just act like you don't give a shit.

7. Boyfriend

Boyfriend Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    You probably want an unique style and get upset because it isn´t so unique anymore. But guess what, there will always be people that have the same style. It´s not stealing.

She´s probably just looking for her own style and trying things.
    Also getting older means change, including change in style. She might feel more at home in a style that she hated before, that´s perfectly normal.

I don´t think it is about (wanting to be) you. It is about her trying to see where she fits in and maybe even hoping her brother will support.

Why on earth can´t you just be proud and happy that she wants to be alike and enjoy the style together?
    Why the anger?
    If you want to be different and unique again, you´ll just have to change your style.
    If you like your style too much to change, accept that there are more people that like it, including your sister.
    You could get closer.
    But if you rather hate, well enjoy, but love is way better.

8. srslywtf

no reason to be pissed off :slight_smile: