1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dating etiquette? Confusion...

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by Jun, Jul 24, 2013.

1. Jun

Jun

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Hi! So before starting off, I actually had the balls to come out to my girl bestfriend today and she completely supports me. Even asked me about who I potentially have a crush on, haha.

But yeah, a few days prior to that, I met this incredibly good-looking guy. Genuinely want to know him better! We texted for a few good hours and he invited me to grab some beers at the local cafe. Oh man, those few hours of just talking to him and enjoying eachother's presence is something definitely worth living for. I felt so comfortable and right that day. He told me about his study, work and hobby's. It's somewhat creepy, because we have the exact same taste in music, we both love watching movies and play games, haha. At the end of the day, he actually missed an appointment at the gym, because he had so much fun being with me. He also said that he definitely wants to see me again.

Despite this being probably the best first date ever, I do think I'm just getting way too attached already. Maybe I'm just over analyzing everything, but it's really weird. Even though he had no school and work right now, he's constantly busy. When I tried to text him the other day, I got a response 5 hours later, lol. Ok, I get it, he might not be the 'texter' type, but something in my gut tells me that something's up.

Aaah, I'm driving myself insane.

Tell me I'm over analyzing the whole situation.

He's so handsome. So talented. I found his YouTube channel and I'm now fangirling when playing his covers. Haha, I'm a total mess.

P.S: I asked him today when we could meet up again... He indeed told me he was just way too busy and we have something planned next week, I can't wait! Should I stop texting him now completely untill next week, or should I drop small messages every other day? I also don't want to scare him off. He's just so perfect, omg. Help me.

2. I say it's okay to keep texting him, but please don't get "way too attached already." It sounds like you already have, and it's a dangerous place to be! Be nice and friendly, but don't expect too much at this stage. If he doesn't feel like sending a reply until five hours later, then he just doesn't feel like it. Don't overanalyze these things, and don't speculate, as that is also dangerous.

3. Jun

Jun

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Aah, yeah. Thanks for replying, you're most likely right :slight_smile:

4. Jared

I agree with this completely. If you get clingy this early you're likely to scare him off. I don't always text back right away, get distracted or something. Clinginess for me is a huge red flag, but I can understand how it feels when you get attached really easily, I used to do that.

5. resu

Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    5 hours is not that long. It sounds like you're thinking of him too much because you don't have enough things to occupy your own time. Be busy like him and focus on yourself and your other friends. You don't want to sound desperate on only your second meeting, like this is the last relationship in your life.

6. Jun

Jun

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    You guys are absolutely right, for a second I thought I was going insane. I am just focussing on other things for now! Thanks :slight_smile: