1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hair help

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by drwinchester, Jul 24, 2013.

1. drwinchester

drwinchester Guest

I'm getting a haircut tomorrow. Senior pictures are coming up, got to femme up and whatnot.

As a transguy, I'd like to move past this andro bob deal and go for something a bit more masculine. Must emphasize, however, that I'm in the closet. So whatever I get, can't be something that's going to arouse suspicion around the house. What I'm looking for then, is something that's feminine enough to save my ass but I can easily mess with when I want to present as male. My hair's fairly thick and gel defying.

So any of y'all who know hair (because I sure as hell don't), have suggestions for styles that might work out?

2. drwinchester

drwinchester Guest

Would a pixie cut work or would that feminize my face too much?

3. Dublin Boy

Dublin Boy Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
  4. drwinchester

drwinchester Guest

That could work. You suppose it'd look masculine if I played around with it?

5. Argentwing

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Dublin Boy, that haircut is at the same time gender-neutral, and totally hot. <3

6. LD579

Uh, wow. Holy heck. I usually consider that hair too long for me, but... that one style would look amazing on some people. You might want to go for that, littlememphis. =)

7. drwinchester

drwinchester Guest

I'll make note of it. Think my biggest worry would be passing but I can see how that might work with some effort. Again, no hair expert but if I styled it like the pic it'd work when I'm Kenting femme. :grin:

Yeah. I think that could work, now that I think about it.

8. apostrophied

Nobody shoot me, but would a bieber work with your hair type? It might be a good compromise....

9. drwinchester

drwinchester Guest

I hate to admit it but you could be onto something. You mean something like this?

Attached Files:

10. apostrophied

Yup, that's what I was referring to. Lol I'm glad you decided I deserve to live. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

11. Kamina

Here I just googled this:
    medium guys hair - Google Search
    And there are definitally some you could play around with to go femme or masculine if you wanted! Hope that helps!

12. drwinchester

drwinchester Guest

These'll work! :grin: Couldn't get away with a more masculine look (just got a trim and some layering) but I'm hoping to try something when I start college.

13. boysdontcry

[​IMG]

for future reference, this kind of cut is both very flexible (eg make it look femme around family among other things) and tends to work on nearly anyone, but is also great on FTM guys for passing.

make the bangs/back a bit shorter or longer to your liking, but no matter the variables it does the job 9/10 times.

#13 boysdontcry, Jul 25, 2013
    Last edited: Jul 25, 2013