1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My life? Does it seem like I'm getting the best out of it?

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by Gazza123, Jul 25, 2013.

1. Gazza123

Gazza123 Guest

:dry:

I dunno... I think "what the hell, it's my life and I am gonna live any way I want" but then there is this nagging part of me. A part of me that saying "you're not living your life to the fullest and you might regret... stuff" I dunno? :rolle:

So I guess I'd though I'd describe you's lot, an average week in my life. A bit brief, it gets the point over and well... You can tell me what ya think. I don't want people going "whoa great" and I don't want people going "no you're not living your life to its fullest"

I just want opinions. Okay. :dry: Good

So we will start with an average day which tends to be Monday through till Friday. Nothing changes so its pointless me describing every day when I can just sum it up.

So generally, assuming I'm not at work (I work part time Tues/Thurs/Sat/Sun) then its tends to be that I have a bit of a lie in before getting up, doing all the usual morning routine stuff before either sitting down to play a video game or sitting down at the computer to write some more. Both I which I love and both I enjoy very much. I'm usually in the house the most of the day unless I have to run an errand for my parents so I'm pretty much not stuck in the house, it's how I like to be.

Here's where that nagging little voice in my head starts with such things as
    "You should be out with mates having a good time"
    "You should be doing things or doing that"

But I don't want to...

To be honest I only have a few friends and by that I mean one good friend, who is close to my age and who I only see a work and couple others at work who a older than me (30s/40s).

Pretty much my socializing happens most at work when I can be bothered, because sometimes I just wanna go to work and work and then come home.

My life is pretty much centered around my computer and my room which isn't a bad thing to be but to others I seem like a right hermit! :rolle: I don't go out drinking or partying like most other young people. I mean I did it once but that was people from work going out so I just tagged along, got drunk for the first time and vowed never to get in that state again.

At weekend things usually run routine as well. My dad is work most times so Saturday tends to be me and my mams day. I finish work at 10:00am so its okay. We usually go out for lunch and do a bit shopping or just generally look around. Back home I am either on my computer or on a game or watching tv.

Sundays differ since we have some family down for Sunday dinner which is good. Then Monday comes around and its back to normal.

So... :dry:

Admittedly I've summed up it pretty briefly but I think you can get an idea. I'm fine with my life. It may not seem fulfilling to some people but to be... I like it that way.

But then there's always this part of me that goes

"What if you like this when your 30/40/50?"
    "What if something happens to your parents? You'll become even more of reclouse!"
    "Would you regret not trying to take risks, etc etc?"

Any thoughts and opinions would be great and if not... I don't mind. Thanks for reading my life rant.

:dry:

2. apostrophied

Meh, you could use a bit more social interaction probably, but "recluse" is a setting word. And there's nothing, I repeat, nothing, wrong with not wanting to go out drinking. Not everyone likes it (not me!) and drunk people don't look very smart.

I think that "taking risks" is maybe not exactly what you need to aim for. But why don't you try to learn and grow? You could attend school (assuming you don't and don't already have a degree) or find a place to volunteer. Both would make you get out of the house and meet people, and would be more productive than hanging out and drinking... Lol.

#2 apostrophied, Jul 25, 2013
    Last edited: Jul 25, 2013
  3. AKTodd

If you find your life satisfying, then there are worse ways to live. But from various other posts you've made, I get the sense you don't find it very satisfying. There is also a vast middle ground between where you are now and a life of partying or constant risks.

We cannot grow without changing and most change involves at least a little risk. So perhaps you should sit down and think about what kind of life you'd like to have, really try to envision it. Then try to chart a path between where you are now and the life you want to have. When considering the life you want to have, don't be afraid to dream, but then apply some hard and objective thinking to that dream to determine if it is realistic (e.g. If you dream of being a world class soccer star and you don't even play, you may want to reconsider that one, or maybe not).

You seem to have a fair bit of free time ATM, so lots of potential time to pursue some of the things you've expressed an interest in in other posts. Perhaps you should look into those and spend less time in your room.

My 2c worth,

Todd