1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Mental health

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by Jord001, Jul 26, 2013.

1. Jord001

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Hi im gay and have severe social anxiety and depression and have got in touch with local lgbt group to help me come out and make new friends but i cant go in because of my symptoms like shaking nerves dizzy etc... What should i do.

2. Tightrope

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    If you're severely anxious and depressed, you probably won't be making friends that easily. If you're mildly anxious and depressed, you probably can. I'd suggest getting some professional help if it's severe, as you say, and I mean that in a nice way, to stabilize you should come before venturing out to making new friends. The shaking and irritability might be perceived. When I've been in some real low spots, the thought of making friends was the last thing on my mind and, looking back, that was a good decision on my part. Seek help, which will probably involve medication, and you may be better able to handle social interaction.

3. BreannaToBrian

I have the same problem...medication and doing something relaxing seems to be the only things that help with it. However outdoor activities (preferably something that doesn't include people. Like, walking/jogging on a local track) helps work out all of that nervous energy.