1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Feeling depressed...

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by lexi, Jul 26, 2013.

1. lexi

lexi Guest

My friends have treated me horribly all year... Actually, the passed several years. First, i was "too skinny" so i started trying to gain weight (to be fair, i wasnt in a healthy weight range, high metabolism). But then they started teasing me about eating like a pig and how i was going to get really fat.

Then i wasnt sexual enough for them, the girls always talked about boys and how sexy they were, and i never really understood. They decided i just didnt have hormones at all, when really i just liked girls. I got so much crap for not thinking guys were hot, so i started talking about celebrrities amd stuff to be included in the conversation. Eventually i got a long term boyfriend and they left me alone about it.

Then they all started acting like they didnt want me around. I fount out theyve been talking smack about me behind my back. Apparently im such a bitch now, and a slut too. (Mind you im a vigin, and faithful to my boyfriend).

Im feeling pretty hurt. I wish i had better friends, but my boyfriend is friends with all of them and oblivious to the fact that they hate me. I cant get away from them, theyre in the same sports as me, the same clubs, have similar interests... And now im stuck wishing someone would just care about me without trying to change me. Im sick of trying to please them. I shouldnt have tried in the first place, but i live in a small town and i havent been able to find anyone who doesnt love them... Ive only got one more year here but im afraid im going to spend it alone.

#1 lexi, Jul 26, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 26, 2013
  2. gavguy

gavguy Guest

Hi and sorry to hear that you have been going through a stage of being bullied and therefore feeling very depressed.
    I know about the depression and have suffered ever since I was bullied at school myself and over the years with all the hurt and pain that go along with it I have come to the conclusion that if people are your true friends then they will be there like friends should be, to support you and to enjoy day to day life together. If they tease you and make fun then these are not true friends, ignore them they are just not worth it and bullies are cowards and if they are not there to support you then give them a wide birth if poosible.
    It sounds like that's more difficult for you because of being around them in various activites, but just ignore them, don't talk to them and if they make fun then ignore them even more as you will often find if you do ignore people that are bieng horrible then not getting a reaction back is more hurtful to them.
    Try and stand tall, you have EC for full support :icon_bigg