1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Facebook Absurdities

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by Indiana Juno, Jul 27, 2013.

1. Indiana Juno

Hey guys,

I know I haven't written here in a while but here goes - I really need some advice. One of my friends, Marco (we'll call him) recently deleted me off facebook. We've been hanging out almost every day for a long time now - this seems to come out of nowhere.

He's had a drug problem in the past (and generally I can tell when he's on them, he speaks slower and you can't hold an adult conversation with him, he's also more of a dick). Marco also says he is straight (just some background). A few months ago, our mutual friend Alex deleted his facebook and another friend, Phil, flipped out because he thought he'd been blocked. We made fun of him for his overreaction - he went around talking smack about Alex for this imagined slight. This was the beginning of Alex cutting Phil off as a friend.

In his text fight with Marco, he said (about me): "Look at it like this, your only friend is a gay kid that you use because you know he'll do anything for you - b/c he's looking to bust a nut in you." I saw the text, and I wondered if Marco would take any of that bullcrap to heart, or indeed if that's how he views our relationship.

Fast-forward to yesterday. Marco and I are hanging out. While talking to my Aunt on Facebook, I notice his name is listed as "Facebook User" and I ask him if he deleted his facebook. He stumbles a little bit, and I suggest, "unless you blocked me". He doesn't bother denying that, he merely says, "Are you gonna have a titty attack like Phil?"

Didn't bother denying it. I checked, and he's still on facebook, I just can't view him. I can't help but feel there's a real underlying reason - Marco can be very avoiding of a subject if he doesn't want to talk about it.

Why delete someone off Facebook and continue to hang out with them? The past week he hasn't felt like himself or like he's enjoyed my company. We've been friends for a long time and I think it deserves some explanation.

Is it the beginning of him cutting me off? And if it is I think he should be mature and man enough about it to say it openly to my face.

Is it me guys? Am I overreacting to allow facebook details encroach on real life friendships? Even so, it's only facebook, but there's a REASON he blocked me (that I think could have to do with him feeling threatened by my gay presence). I don't know. Any advice on how to approach the situation would be great.

#1 Indiana Juno, Jul 27, 2013
    Last edited: Jul 27, 2013
  2. Indiana Juno

Please, readers. It's been plaguing my mind

3. biggayguy

It does seem like he's trying to distance himself from you. It could be that he's just tired of facebook. I suppose you'll have to ask him directly to find out what is bugging him.

4. lukeluvznicki13

I fine it seriously odd that he is a good friend of yours and then he does that. o.-
    You need to really talk to him about this, and if he tries to go off topic or whatever, tell him that you really care about this because in my opinion, I believe that he is your best friend and 99% of the time, best friends have each other as friends on facebook.

Just check with him and no you aren't paranoid at all. I would feel the same if I were in your shoes :slight_smile: