1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Rest In Peace

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by OhSOCurious, Jul 27, 2013.

1. OhSOCurious

My dog of 13 years (had her since I was 5) was just put to sleep today and it hit me harder than I expected :tears: and I can't stop crying :frowning2:
    I know I can't speed the mourning process but I just need some things to cheer me up or get my mind off of her.
    :help: :tears:

2. LinkLarkin

I'm really sorry to hear this, I hate when pets die :frowning2: My cat who'd been with my family since a year or two before I was even born died about three years ago and it was devastating. Now my other cat is starting to show all the signs of old age that signal the beginning of the end.

You're within your rights to be sad, just try to think about happy memories you have with her and cherish the time you had together. If you need a distraction, invite some friends to the cinema or just to hang out. And carry on chatting to everyone on EC, of course. (*hug*)

3. OhSOCurious

Thanks.... I'll see what I can do.

This is the 3rd dog this year....
    The first one to be put down was at my dad's house, she had cancer. The second was also at my dad's house. He had her put down for being too aggressive (she never bit anyone). And now this one /:

4. derrik

Wow 13 years that a long time

Its tough when loved ones dies - just let the process work

5. Phoenix

Phoenix Guest

It's rough but I can empathize. I was really distressed when we had to put my cat down. He was old already when we got him and was kinda falling apart. It was kinda comforting to know he had a long life but it was still hard.

6. Abbra

I know the feeling. It's such a shame that animals don't live as long as humans do, it's devastating just like any other death in the family.

When my chinchilla died, I started drawing him to get over his death. Now I have a character model for him and everything. If you write or draw, maybe you can write a story or draw your dog. It helps knowing that his legacy will live on through art.

7. LinkLarkin

That's very true. I'd forgotten about this, but I was studying A level music at the time and I unofficially named one of my compositions after my cat that died.

8. Z3ni

Z3ni Guest

Aww... you 2 must have been very close for 13 years (*hug*)

9. Tightrope

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I can sympathize. I had a dog for somewhere between 11 and 12 years. The dog needed to be put down. It was very sad, but you don't want to see them ill or in pain. It will take time, just as it does for people. Now, I only remember the great times I had with my dog. I hope you feel better soon.