1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

gay bashing

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by Thisbiguy, Jul 28, 2013.

1. Thisbiguy

Thisbiguy Guest

I start 9th grade on august 7th and I want to be open about my bisexuality, but I'm deathly afraid of being gay bashed or bi bashed or what ever pls help:help::help:

2. Byron

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Then If I were you I would just respond truthfully / correct people when it is brought up and only with your friends / people you trust or are comfortable with.

There is going to be that one guy or girl who is going to say something, unfortunately it is something that is hard to avoid. Just be truthful to yourself and those whom you care about and if other people hear about it and get upset then just ignore them. If it escalates into something dangerous then notify a teacher or councilor who can help handle the situation.

3. Argentwing

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Anyone who gay bashes you is likely to be homophobe-bashed in return. Making fun of gays is generally not accepted anymore as I'm informed. People may insult things by calling them "gay" or throwing "fag" etc. around, but when it comes down to it, high schoolers are okay with gay. The ones who aren't are douches who don't deserve your friendship anyway.

4. blueberrymuffin

If your out status is correct then just remember that you have support to fall back on. No matter what anyone says, you can turn to friends/family for help try to shrug off any negative comments.

5. Thisbiguy

Thisbiguy Guest

Thank you all, I feel a whole lot better now. Yea I hear all these stories of lgbt's being threatened and or physically harmed, and I'm not so well at operating under pressure( u know massive anxiety) but thank you for your responses.:eusa_clap