1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

everyone will be taken by that time...

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by Stridenttube, Jul 29, 2013.

1. Stridenttube

Stridenttube Guest

Ive been feeling really bad again because im 19 and a half and I've never even been on so much as a date. I feel that everyone will be taken by the time I'm 25 or so and it will be too late for me. :tears:

My friends are all in loving relationships and are engaged/married. Ive been crying a lot because I feel so left out in what should be a normal part of being a teenager. I have to beg my friends to even go to lunch with me because they want to spend time with their significant other instead. :help:

I need to figure this out because I haven't slept in like four days and only then because I was so tired I couldn't function.

2. Arlo85

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I aint got any advice for ya dude, just want to say, i couldve written an identical post to yours, with 1 exception -im 28. *sigh*

3. Dublin Boy

Dublin Boy Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    You need to get yourself onto the Market, do you have a LGBT Meeting in your area ? :slight_smile:

4. Stridenttube

Stridenttube Guest

Nope.

Being gay sucks so damn much.

5. Dalmatian

If your friends are getting married en masse at 19, I don't think yours is a worse destiny.. just saying.

I obviously don't know anything about you, but generally, your age is a sort of a threshold towards independence and adulthood. Not many friendships usually survive that change and that's not about being gay or anything. Your friends so far have probably mostly been chance friends, like neighbourhood, school or sports peers. Just random people who were around you a lot. Now you will probably get to know other people and choose friends on the basis of how compatible you are.

I mean, with very few exceptions, I can't imagine having anything to talk about with most of my friends from when I was 18.

6. Theatermama

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Tough i was out when i was 15 i had to wait till i was 24 before i got into a serious relationship, and now i am single again for 13 years, tough i haven't given up hope yet. Have patient young one, the right one will come allong.

7. Dublin Boy

Dublin Boy Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
  8. Z3ni

Z3ni Guest

YEah I'm almost in my mid 20's and I've never had a relationship :lol:

Can I ask you, why do you want to be like everyone else??? Your only 19, you never know you might find someone tomorrow, being in a relationship isn't all that important. You should work on being happy with just yourself. Be patient.

9. castle walls

For starters, everyone will not be taken by age 25. There are plenty of single people that are 25 and older and they are not all losers. Some people are just starting to date at 25. The road to love isn't a race. If you find love at 30 as opposed to 20, does it really matter? What about 20 as opposed to 30? The only thing that matters is that you found it.

My thoughts exactly. Why don't you take this time to explore your own interests and try new things? Now would be a great time to focus on yourself. Being single is a great time to explore new areas of life and focus on self-improvement. You don't need to be in a relationship to be happy. I have been in a serious relationship before but I'm single at the moment and I quite enjoy it. It encourages me to try new things and focus on self-improvement because it'll be easier now than later on when I'm in a relationship. Being single can be a great time in your life

10. Theatermama

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hear hear!

11. srslywtf

LOL! I feel sorry for all your friends.. They're probably not going to start experiencing life until (and if) they have a midlife crisis.

12. sammy1

Same here! And im a month away from being 23 :frowning2: its kinda depressing but there is really nothing a person can do about tht besides try to meet new people and b patient!

13. Stridenttube

Stridenttube Guest

What matters is I'm getting old and want to someone to share life with. If it takes me ten years to find someone then that's ten years less I'll have to spend with that person. :icon_sad:

The problem is I've never been on a date, never kissed, nada. Being single and having a nice job to buy a bunch of toys is nice but it would be better with someone to share it with.

14. Maddy

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Certainly not everyone's taken at 25. And not just people who have stayed single until then! Things change, people break up, someone who seemed to be in the happiest, forever-type relationship at 19 might be single again in their mid-twenties.

15. Boyfriend

Boyfriend Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Well, you can start dating and kissing, right? It´s all up to YOU.
    But if you are too needy, you have less of a chance getting someone, funny enough. People run away from needy people.
    So be careful about how you profile yourself.
    And try to do it as an experience and not so much as for looking for mr Right.
    Heck, you might even go out with a girl or a relative, just for the fun of going out, you know. To get to know bars and people.

And maybe this will give you soem hope: I had never even kissed until late last year, thought I would never find someone and suddenly my guy came in my life when I was on holiday with my parents, not even thinking about it, and it was love at first sight. You never know how things turn out.

16. Stridenttube

Stridenttube Guest

I can't really, I can't just go on a date. It takes time and I have to know someone else who is gay, which I don't. And I have no.connections and I'm not the type to go looking because I don't really think.I could pick someone up if I tried.

You're only 18 and extremely lucky to have found someone like that.

I see how easy it is for my friends to.get a date and it pisses me off and makes me hate being gay even more. There is not any upsides to being gay. Sucks.

Plus, I've already found Mr. Right, he's my best friend, unfortunately he isn't gay. I don't think I could ever love someone like I love him. I'm scared everyone else will pale in comparison.

#16 Stridenttube, Jul 30, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 30, 2013
  17. Rice and Pepper

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I am 21 years old, I have never kissed anyone too, but I don't want to get in a serious relationship. I mean, I am 21. It's time to be loose, to have fun, to party. If your friends are too busy with their relationship find more friends. All my friends are 100% single, probably virgins in any sense too. Surely there is someone there. And based on this thread, there are many others just like you who are single. Just read what all of us say, we don' have a relationship.

It is not too late, and in fact, I think it is too soon for a serious relationship for you. If you desperately want to kiss someone, have you ever thought of going to a gay bar? Even better to a gay club? To party and be completely careless for a night. You may end up kissing someone. He will be a total stranger, but who cares?! It's a lively experience you won't be able to have later in your life. I am planning to do that quite soon actually. I think it will be a good start. Because being gay, I have never lived my adolescence like straight people have. Your friends are straight, so they may be one step ahead of you in your life. But that doesn't mean you have to catch up. Personally, I am not planning to become a serious adult straight away.

18. Lexington

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I finally kissed a guy at age 21.
    I finally got laid at age 25.
    I finally got a boyfriend at age 27.

I'd like to think I turned out OK. :slight_smile:

Lex

19. castle walls

I think you're getting older but not old. I mean you aren't even to half of your life expectancy yet. There is plenty of time for dating and relationships.

Back to my example, instead of thinking about how you have ten years less to spend with them, why not just be happy that you get to spend time with them at all?

There are a lot of people that haven't had their first kiss at 19. There are even a few people on this thread. It doesn't mean that it'll never happen. Like I said, it isn't a race. I'm sure that waiting is tough but when you find someone really special, they'll be worth the wait.

Like Boyfriend suggested, you can always start looking for a partner. If you don't go looking or at least let other potential mates know that you're available, it will be difficult to find a partner. Is there anything LGBT+ in your town that you can check out? Don't think of it as looking for a date. Think of it as looking for new friends that you can relate to. If you find a romantic relationship through it, then great. If not, you get to meet new people, have some new experiences, and possibly make some new friends which is also great. Who knows? Maybe you'll meet a new friend that introduces you to an amazing guy.

In the meantime, have you ever thought about spending time trying new things or working on self improvement? You may end up finding a new hobby that you love. You may even meet someone when you're trying your new hobbies (depending on what the hobby is of course). All of these things could help you out with relationships as well

Best of luck!

20. robotman

I am thinking the exact same thing as you *sighs*... Hopefully things will change for the both of us soon, keep your chin up man.

Glad things turned out good for you!!