1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What goes around comes around?

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by shamrockmut93, Jul 30, 2013.

1. I've been thinking lately, maybe my loneliness is my karma for forcing myself through a 1.5 year relationship with a girl in high school. It wasn't fair to either of us, and I now realize that it was my fault and I should have ended it early instead of trying to force myself to love this girl and giving her false hope. Thankfully, she's moved on since then. She now has a great boyfriend who she's been involved with for two years now, and they obviously mean the world to each other. Meanwhile, I'm just as lonely as I was while we were "together" but sometimes I feel like I deserve it because, while I was relieved when we finally broke up, it was devastating for her. At the same time, I try not to be too hard on myself. After all, I was also in denial at the time and I was convinced that I could make myself love someone of the opposite sex, but I was so wrong. All I did was dig myself deeper into my problems. Even though it's been a few years, I still kind of feel like shit for having been so selfish, and for having brought myself down to that level. It makes me feel pretty low, it's almost like I'm still not worthy of what I denied my ex, but maybe I'm just thinking too hard.

2. enigmeow

No, it isn't karma.. you've just not found the right place to meet people yet (or lowered your standards far enough :slight_smile:

3. Capsaicin

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I personally haven't seen or heard anything to convince me that's a true quote, though it might be soothing to have *any* reason at all for why things are happening or assurance that things will be okay. The problem is that it removes the power from the person when it comes to their life and situation.

4. Dublin Boy

Dublin Boy Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Swings & Roundabouts :slight_smile:

5. srslywtf

the concept of karma is widely misunderstood. It is not until you are reincarnated into your next life, that your actions in this life are judged.

It's basically just the fact that there are high and low patches in life.

6. I don't know, my standards are pretty normal... but then again, considering the limited number of people who are available maybe normal is a bit too high, if that's what you meant by that.

7. AKTodd

If you're feeling bad about yourself and your past actions that is going to color your present behavior and the 'vibe' you are putting out to other people. Very few people are such good actors that they can truly hide negative feelings completely.

This, possibly combined with how much (or whether) you put yourself out there and into situations where you might meet someone can all impact both whether or not you meet someone and whether or not things progress beyond the point where they get to know you well enough to pick up on your vibe.

I would suggest that the first step in your journey to find someone is to forgive yourself and then learn to like you again. From there, you may find that finding someone else becomes an easier task.

Just some thoughts,

Todd

8. Dublin Boy

Dublin Boy Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Bad Attracts Bad :slight_smile: