1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

In the UK

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by Jinkies, Jul 30, 2013.

1. Jinkies

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    So as a few of you know, I'm going to England to meet my boyfriend and his family for a couple weeks, and I'm leaving in the next couple days. We will be in Bournemouth for the first half and London for the latter half. Or so it seems it's going to be.

And since we've been talking to each other online and only online, I do have many questions that can only be answered by taking this trip.

But one of the bigger questions I've been wondering and more so worrying about is this: How would we be generally viewed as, and what is the chance that something similar happens to us to one of those threads posted in the News forum and that we'll be beaten or discriminated?

I know this is such a shallow question, but I can't stop some of the thoughts that when we hold hands, that SOMEBODY is going to find something bad about that, and call us out on it, maybe to the point of beating us. That when I rest my head on his shoulder after the long flight, at least one of us will be forced to separate from the other or that we'll be kicked out of the vicinity just because I was tired.

My boyfriend is REALLY romantic, especially since he claims I helped him out of his depression. Even before that though, he was romantic. It's almost a given that cuddling and holding hands will happen.

So if anyone from England can answer this and help me out to understand what the possibilities are, that would be wonderful.

2. Dublin Boy

Dublin Boy Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I think the UK is more tolerant than most countries, your Boyfriend will probably take you to a Gay Pub, where you can relax with each other, London's pretty cosmopolitan & diverse, so 2 guys being affectionate shouldn't be too much of a ussue :slight_smile:

3. Connor22

You could walk through the streets of london butt naked but for a rainbow flag and no one would bat an eye.

It's a good place.

You kids have fun :slight_smile:

4. Britishskittles

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    you might get looked at ,I mean I sometimes look at gay couples holding hands just because I am surprised and its nice to see , but no I doubt anyone will care and if they do you just get an odd look , know one will say anything , London's great especially around SOHO area like no one would bat an eye lid there , I have never held a girls hand in Bournemouth but It seems quiet relaxed there , places by the sea in the UK seem to be quiet liberal.