1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How do I get my mind off of questioning myself

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by unknown17050, Jul 31, 2013.

1. unknown17050

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight but curious
    I don't believe I will be getting any answers about my true sexuality anytime soon; I have accepted that, but I need to know how to get my mind off of it until then.

2. TyRawr

Board Member Full Member

Meditation
    Massage
    Sports
    Pottery
    Painting class
    School
    Therapy
    Coffee with friends
    Yard work
    Cleaning
    Yoga
    Gym

Any of these things are good for me when I want to numb whats going on. But you see, the problem with that is, the problem just takes that much longer to solve. Maybe instead of asking, how do I avoid my true sexuality?" Perhaps the question should be, "How do I work on starting to love myself?"

Those things are all great for both, but be mindful of how you go down either path. One may bring you love and insight, whereas one might make you feel more disconnect and in denial than before.

If you want to talk sometime, always feel free to message my wall.
    Much love, and I hope it helps.

3. unknown17050

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight but curious
    Because I don't even know if I truly am Bisex or not honestly.

4. LD579

Do other things in the meantime that aren't related to your attraction of others. If you have time to freely think, that's likely when you'd ruminate most, I'd think...

Chores, cooking, reading, video games, exercise, window shopping or actually shopping... There are probably other things that are feasible as well, but those came to my mind quickly.