1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Friends

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by Cynder, Jul 31, 2013.

1. Cynder

Do you guys have a lot if lgbt friends? If you do, how did you make them? I always get really lonely because I'm not out to any of my friends, and I have no one to talk to about anything, and I can't ever hang out with anybody as a boy. I really want to be able to be with friends and be myself at the same time, but I don know if that is possible. Any advice?

2. bethpurple

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Sorry, I have no advice - I joined this site because I also had no one to talk to IRL. Welcome to the lonely club. :dry:

3. TheEdend

TheEdend Guest

Its definitely possible, but its a bit trickier at your age.

Do you know if there are any LGBT youth groups around your area that you can go to?

I know it sucks, but hang in there. Until you are able to find a good place there is always EC where you will certainly run into other people who can be a great support for you. I know, not the same, but we are here for you (*hug*)

4. Sal

Sal Guest

I too wish that I had lgbt friends in real life. I'm going to try and join my school's version of GSA this year so hopefully I'll make some friends there.

5. Moment4Life

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I wouldn't say I have a lot, the notion "there are gay people in your area you just have to find them" is quite true. I live in a mid sized city and although my university has an LGBT club, my LGBT friends I found on a whim. My supervisor at the campground I worked at last year was lesbian and it wasn't until I met her girlfriend that I knew; they became really solid friends.

I guess patience is key, and becoming a bit of a detective in finding out what facilities attract gay and lesbian people. Of course, like others have said, your age group is a bit trickier.

6. FreeFlow9917

No just one bi friend idk how i met her

7. June Cleaver

T also am MtoF and have never been able to get a gay or lesbian friendship going. I have found cis-women tend to be who I hang with and the most accepting of me. I also have yet to have a friendship with a straight man that has not turned sexual. I never come on to them in any way which I have found them to expect of me. I think that is what intrigues them and causes them to hit on me. (what's wrong with me? Don't you want it?) The last one told me he had a gay friend for over 10 years who hit on him endlessly and would get jealous of his GFs which bothered him. Then several months in he wanted to know why I did not want him. After all he is one of the best looking guys I have seen in years and 9 years younger than me and we got along great. So I told him I was a lady and conduct myself accordingly and if he wanted more he had to initiate it. Well a couple weeks later it happened, and it was great! We had great sex off and on for 6 months. He then played games for months then Mike came to me and my friend got mad I chose Mike over him. I really did not think he wanted a relationship though he hinted all the time saying things like "You are the perfect woman" "What a lucky man who gets you" "The one is closer than you think" "It might be me" He drove me crazy! Lost that friend! It always happens with guys I try to be friends with so I rarely try. I'll bet over the years I have had that simuliar thing happen 50 times in my adult life and a couple did become my partners over the years. Women are just a much safer bet! June

#7 June Cleaver, Aug 2, 2013
    Last edited: Aug 2, 2013
  8. robotman

I feel the exact same way, its getting me really angry and annoyed...