1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What would you do if you were me right now? Im serious

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by TyTy91, Aug 1, 2013.

1. TyTy91

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Things have changed instead of going to massage therapy school because
    I figured out that theyre actually more cons than pros for me that Im
    not going to do it right away. So now Im planning to go back to real
    community college and plan on earning a Associates Degree. Im either
    going to get a AS in Communications or Theatre. I think I might stick
    with Communications because one day I think I would like to be a
    interviewer and interview people and celebrities and get into the film/tv industry.
    I do have another problem and that is my living arrangements. I'm living with my
    parents Im gay and they know but arent accepting really plus theyre jehovahs witness so theyre VERY strict. My social life sucks do to a combination of my parents religion in the past and social anxiety that Im dealing with so I dont have a lot friends. I only have a little bit over $7,000 in my name and thats not enough to live on my own. I have a job but it doesnt pay much really $9.50 an hour. I dont know if Im going to get my FAFSA in time so Im going to have to pay for a few of my classes out of pocket Im not financially ready and I'm 22 i'll be 23 next March. If you were me what would you do? but imagine you cant
    celebrate holidays, cant go to gay clubs, cant see rated R movies,
    pretty much your social life is with people who are jehovahs witness,
    cant sky dive, cant join the army, cant vote, cant smoke, you can
    drink but moderate, no saluting to the flag or sing patriotic songs,
    cant go to other people churches, cant read other religions bibles, etc

You know here read this list below and imagine being me, please answer
    this question, What would you do if you were me besides killing
    yourself? remember your in a financial bond too and you really cant afford to move out on your own.
    141 Things Jehovah's Witnesses Can't Do. - Topix

I would say 96% percent is true pretty much all of them are true but you still have some devout JW that do things that are pretty minor like playing bingo or has some questionable clothing and music but thats it.

By having you telling me what you would do would give me advice!

2. bingostring

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    As always staying at home has pro's of being cheap and convenient but risks suffocating you emotionally.

How about make a plan for when you do go to college. Then I would say share accommodation with fellow students... so you are mixing and having fun and will help with the social anxiety too.

3. AKTodd

Someone your age with $7000 in the bank is in much better shape than most people your age.

I would suggest finding one or more roommates (however many you need to swing it financially) and moving out. I assume the FAFSA you mention is some form of financial aid? If so, that may leave you some money left over that you can also apply to expenses. Also, look into other forms of financial aid. The more the better.

As for the list of all the things you can't do...you are an adult and can pretty much do as you please. You will also need to be prepared to live with the consequences of your actions, which is also part of being an adult. In this case, I'm guessing this would mostly revolve around your parents being unhappy. Only you can decide if you can live with that. The alternative would seem to be living pretty much as you do now.

So...what do you want to do?

Todd

4. Sorcerer

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'd say you should find a way to leave home. There are plenty of ways to live cheaply by sharing a house or an apartment, you might have less money but at least you would have your freedom.