1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My Mind is a Curse

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by FreeFlow9917, Aug 1, 2013.

1. FreeFlow9917

I swear my mind is a curse. I'm a very intellectual human, but i swear i forget every little fucking detail. One minute i am focused on something, but i'm so obsessed with something else going on, i forget about the thing i was foused on leading me to misplace things, and absolute forgetfulness. I have tried to remind myself but it doesnt work, i use notes but i forget about those.

P.s. i have mild aspergers and autistic abilities

2. unknown17050

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight but curious
    Same here, Aspergers, and many signs of possible other forms of autism.

3. altcipher

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I'm sorry to here you're struggling. (*hug*) I've never been diagnosed with Aspergers, and don't believe I have it, however as someone who struggles with various mental disorders I can probably empathize to some extent. When your mind works against you, IT SUCKS. Actually that's an understatement.

I don't log in all that often (at least not as of now), but if you want someone to talk to, or need support, or whatever, please feel free to contact me, and I'll do my best.

4. FreeFlow9917

Aighty dude, but just read the username, i am very different. Thanks for the support :grin:

5. bethpurple

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    My mind is really bad at remembering to do things sometimes, so if there's something I want to make sure I don't forget, I don't trust myself to remember it, instead I set an alarm on my phone.

6. rose94

I get this, it can be so frustrating! I don't have Aspergers or anything, but I have a mental health problem which has made my attention span like next to nothing! I can find myself stood in the middle of a room thinking 'why did I want to come in here again?'

Maybe try to get into a habit of practicing mindfulness? When you start to do something, really try to place your full attention to it. Yeah, I know, really difficult.

7. FreeFlow9917

When i usually throw my dirty clothes in the hamper, most of the time ill open the trash can, because the hamper is in the laundry room by the kitchen, and our food is by the backdoor in the pantry and i almost always throw my clothes away